Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Fake Bullitts

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  TXBullitt 
I've actually been buying some Bullitt stuff off Ebay, but obviously not to make a fake. I keep having this nightmare where some bonehead smashes into the side of my DHG #933 and takes out the fuel door, scoop, and door sill plate in one fell swoop. Then I go to get it fixed and those parts are either non-existent or cost more than my house (this nightmare takes place several years from now).

As a 1970 Plymouth GTX owner, I know what it's like when a rare part gets damaged. So I'm doing a pre-emptive strike and buying up the unique Bullitt pieces right now at dealer cost prices. I've already go the fuel door and shifter, and I'm high bidder on a set of door sill plates. They all go into a well padded, well protected box that I hopefully never need to access (I really worry about that fuel door since any slimbag wtih a hex wrench could take it!).

If twenty years from now I still have all the parts, maybe I can help out some other Bullitt owner who is living his real life nightmare.

I sort of got raped on the shifter, as it was the first piece I bought (had it before I had the car!!). The shifter cost me around $90 with shipping, but the fuel door was only about $70 with shipping. Now I'm starting to get a feel for what a good price is. For instance, the rear "BULLITT" emblem should cost around $20 plus shipping. The door sill plates should cost around $75 plus shipping.

Hope this helps if you are searching for your own "backup" Bullitt parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.