Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member has contacted me about a possible fall GTG for the Texas Bullitts, since it looks like the Bash is not meant to be. Would everyone be interested in a weekend in San Antonio? A schedule something like this:

Friday cruise in at Biffs
Saturday cruise to a mission or the hill country.
Saturday night at the track??

Anyone interested??

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm in. Only San Antonio Raceway only does 1/8th mile racing on Saturday. Test and tun e is on Friday and is 1/4 mile. Sometimes on Saturday they do test and tune 1/4 mile in between the brackets, but not always. I would rather do 1/4 mile racing.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I doubt that I will be there. Rangerdoc is the only person from San Antonio that was going to come to the Bayoo Bash. Why drive to San Antonio to hang out with those guys that wouldn't drive to the Bash to hang out with us?

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
5111 said:
I doubt that I will be there. Rangerdoc is the only person from San Antonio that was going to come to the Bayoo Bash. Why drive to San Antonio to hang out with those guys that wouldn't drive to the Bash to hang out with us?
Because Rangerdoc is signed up for Shreveport. Because at least two people from Houston will show up. Because you need to put miles on your car. Because ther might be beer. Becuase it will be fun.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm game...assuming I don't have to work.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Alamo City

Yung and I are in for San Antonio but we will have a hard time with it unless it is the SAME weekend as the Bayou Bash was going to be (October 13-14). This may be easier all around as some folks who may have already arranged for a road trip on that weekend may still be able to use that time off for San Antonio the same as they would've for Shreveport, LA.

By the way ... Shreveport is a little bit of a haul from San Antonio. Might be why some folks from San Antonio couldn't attend there ... (???)

ALSO ... You have to remember that San Antonio is very much a military town and GI(s) that are BULLITTHEADS can't always get leave approval like lots of other folks can.

I won't be racing DHG 1276 in either place so I could care less it there is a 1/8 or 1/4 strip, but I would enjoy watching the racing either way.

BIFF'S DOES GREAT BURGERS ... (ROFLMAO) ... LOVE THOSE FRIED PICKLE SLICES!

Great idea ... please keep us informed.

THANKS ~ !!! :wink:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I was thinking of the 13th also. If no one really cares about the racing we can just find a hotel and hang out!!!
One idea ... Italian had worked up a deal with one of the local shops here last year for all of those who showed to get some dyno time at a "group rate". I was thinking whether we race or not, if there are enough of us that show up AND there is a speed shop in SA with a dyno then we could ask them for a group rate on some dyno time that particular weekend. We could possibly schedule Sat. morning or afternoon or whatever. If we move fast then we might could make an "appointment" for enough dyno time for everyone on a particular day and the speed shop might be more receptive to this ... (???)

Might get with some of the SA BULLITTHEADS and see if they know of such a shop there ???

F.Y.I - I had originally requested Friday October 12 - Sunday October 14 off for Shreveport. This allows Friday as a travel day and when I get word back on an approval this is what we will do also if the SA gig works out. I don't know how everybody else had planned their road trip to Shreveport but I just wanted to toss that out here.

I don't know how the hotel deal would work but if several are needed to commit to a specific hotel please post that on here, otherwise there is a B&B Yung and I usually stay at in SA that we will probably use if we don't have to go in with the group to get a hotel discount. Of course, we will go in with the group if it is necessary.

Thanks again for you hard work and efforts.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
5111 said:

Easy there chief! Russ and I (and please don't count us in the Houston group) were going to sign up for the Bash, but since it doesn't look like enough people were going to go, we were just saving them to have to refund donero...

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Because Rangerdoc is signed up for Shreveport. Because at least two people from Houston will show up. Because you need to put miles on your car. Because ther might be beer. Becuase it will be fun.
All of those same things apply to the Bash too. Putting miles on my car is no big deal, but I once drove to SA for a Bullitt meet and guess how many SA Bullittheads showed up? One, and they left after about 20 minutes. At least when I drive to a Houston get-together there are a bunch that show up.

If we are cancelling the Bash, why not do it in Houston? Stacy and I already have the time off work and maybe we would drive down and go deep-sea fishing on Friday or Saturday morning.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
Easy there chief! Russ and I (and please don't count us in the Houston group) were going to sign up for the Bash, but since it doesn't look like enough people were going to go, we were just saving them to have to refund donero...
Then register. I think that we now have 7 people. If you and Russ show up that makes 9, plus P51 Bullitt might make it. Then you will have the typical last minute people, etc.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
5111 said:
Then register. I think that we now have 7 people. If you and Russ show up that makes 9, plus P51 Bullitt might make it. Then you will have the typical last minute people, etc.
why register when it's not gonna make anyway...this way it saves Greg from having to refund my money...i've already spoke to him and he know's i was planning on coming but i'm not really being counted as race/show since i'm not sure the car will even be back together and DEFINATELY not ready to race or show...i'm already off on the friday and i'm off weekends anyway so i plan to do SOMETHING constructive that includes a roadtrip so i'd be in if it were gonna be on the same weekend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If the San Antonio thing happens, I am definately in. I have season passes to Seaworld and can take the kids on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Dont think at this time we will make this one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts