Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Fallen Servicemen...Operation Anaconda.

507 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Cochese 
#1 ·
We have lost several brave soldiers...WE WILL PREVAIL!!!

My prayers go to all our brave soldiers and their families.

One proud U.S. Navy veteran.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-03-06 22:10 ]</font>

#2 ·
It is indeed a sad day for the fallen. Too bad there is not more news info so that we can keep up with what is happening over there. I still have my flags displayed in my front yard in support of our troops. Everyone else in my neighborhood has put their up. Mine will be up for as long as OBL is alive we are eradicating these pukes.

#3 ·
Thank you for keeping your flag flying. It's sad to me that people's "National Pride" ebbs and tides with the latest newsbite.

#5 ·
nuke em with a nicelow level neutron...... use all at our disposal... phosphorus, napalm, cluster, anything...who cares about world opinion... I care about OUR soldiers, OUR people, OUR nation,OUR way of life... quite obviously they do not care about us so why should I/we care about them.. look at whats going on in the mideast...sad... very very sad... these animals have been doing this in one form or another since time was recorded... they seem to enjoy killing and starting trouble just for the sake of it... thats what happens with fanatics I guess..

#6 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-06 15:17, bullitt890 wrote:
why are we fighting a people still living in ancient times with old time war tactics? dont we have technology that enables us to fight without risking our boys? u.s. troops do not need to die in afganistan
Bullitt#890 DHG
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
What everyone fails to realise is these casualties are minor compared to the damage we are inflicting and WHO is inflicting it on the ground.

#7 ·
roushraven99,

FYI, when say flags what I really mean is I have 17. One "FLYING" with pride off my front porch and 16 others lining my flower-bed going from my driveway to the front porch. No reason for the number other than that is what fit evenly spaced along the walkway.

Now, if I find those GD cats that keep pushing them over I'm gonna plaster 'em, REALLY.

Black #2276
No Mods...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2002-03-06 16:58 ]</font>

#8 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-06 13:07, roushraven99 wrote:
Thank you for keeping your flag flying. It's sad to me that people's "National Pride" ebbs and tides with the latest newsbite. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I have 2 flags on my Bullitt, 2 on my 18 wheeler and 2 in front of the house!

These brave men desereve much more!

#10 ·
All I can say is that life could be a lot better right now. I could have been home for Christmas, thanksgiving, my brothers birthday, v-day, my dads birthday,but am over here instead. Do I regrett volunteering to come over here, No not one bit, do I wish i could have been with my family for the holidays, yes , but they understand. I can say they were not to pleased when they found out that I had volunteered to deploy, and that i didnt even know where I was going. It could be a lot worse for me right now,and i hope that it stays this way until we all get to go home.

#11 ·
Well said Bro. When we raised our right hand, we knew that a day like this might come. Reports say that even the wounded from this weekend that could report back to duty wanted to go back up and finish what they started. I'm no longer in the game (retired), but I'm damn proud of what I'm seeing and hearing from the front. Our service members know their jobs and they are more than willing to lay it on the line for our cause. To the families of those who lost loved ones my prayers are with you. They gave their lives so that we (the world) may live in a safer time. All I can say is keep focused on the end game. To often the public follows the lead of the news companies which change direction with the wind. We will likely lose more good people, they accept this risk to protect us and all they ask is our full support. God Bless our service members and God Bless the USA!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2002-03-06 19:38 ]</font>

#13 ·
I just watched the news and they had a short clip on 9/11. Still images of that day no sound, no talking heads blowing out hot air, just images. I got tears in my eyes and it once again reenforced my will and support for our actions. There's a bill to be payed by those bast#rds. In my earlier post I failed to Bless the cops and rescue workers, they to paid a very high price and chances are they will again.

#14 ·
"What everyone fails to realise is these casualties are minor compared to the damage we are inflicting and WHO is inflicting it on the ground"

There is no such thing as a minor casualty. Parents don't think its minor, grandparents don't think its minor, and the casulty sure as hell don't think its minor!

#15 ·
TripleDuck

I understand your point but there is one sad reality to war - Death. There is no getting around it. Our Generals will try to maximize the death on the other side and minimize our casualities.

Now that we found out that the Afgans soldiers fighting on our side are basically useless we have to do it ourselves. That is unless you want everyday to be 9/11?

Steve

#16 ·

There is no such thing as a minor casualty. Parents don't think its minor, grandparents don't think its minor, and the casulty sure as hell don't think its minor!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
You miss understood me. I meant to say we are sending elite fighting units over there instead of everyday infantry to do the "deed". I support these individuals and they are worth their weight in gold, but they know the increased risk of going in. That is all I will say due to OPSEC, but the deaths will not be in vain, it will solidify our resolve and remind America that freedom will prevail.

#17 ·
"That is unless you want everyday to be 9/11?"

DON'T THROW THAT B.S. AT ME! I spent 25+ years supporting JSOC AND the TEAMS. I've lost comrades and ship mates in engagements you never even new happened. I was just saying that casulties (1 or 1000 are not to be taken lightly - even if the enemy lost 100 times more. You don't have a clue what all has went down before, during, or since 9/11.

#18 ·
Just bragging here...
Our daughter was born on the 4th of July...
our son was born on Memorial Day...I am one
proud and lucky VET!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Our troops are kicking some major butt right
now on the bad guys...give'em HELL!

WE WILL PREVAIL!!! F**KING RIGHT WE WILL!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-03-08 23:50 ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.