Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wifes bullitt just got dynoed at 404 h.p. at rear wheels, trying to see who my competition is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,362 Posts
What I drive for work has 500hp and 1600 lbs of torque. It ain't all that quick, but I'll beat you in a tug of war. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
LOL Nasty :smile:

So far I beliueve JBVobra has the fastest "Stock" Bullitt times with a 13.3 1/4 mile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-27 01:39, Blakwing wrote:
LOL Nasty :smile:

So far I beliueve JBVobra has the fastest "Stock" Bullitt times with a 13.3 1/4 mile.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

To quote Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon, "I'm gettin' to old for this sh*t!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEAH WE HAVE OUR FINGERS CROSSED THAT WE WILL SEE EITHER HIGH 11 S OR LOW LOW 12 S WITH SLICKS ON.
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-26 23:33, DOUBLE J wrote:
wifes bullitt just got dynoed at 404 h.p. at rear wheels, trying to see who my competition is.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
First things Fisrt..... Here is your competition www.ls1.com :-B

In my Buick club we never put a Buick up against another Buick when a Buick races a Buick it's called "Test @ Tune".... :-B

A Bullitt should never "Kill" or "Beat" anther Bullitt.... When a Bullitt races another Bullitt it's called "Test @ Tune" :-B

Never KILL your own kind.......

Double J with your combo you should be in the mid 11's to high 11's. If your not in the 11's 1st time out it will take some pradtice.

My best time stock with DR's is 13.73 with a 1.83 60' at 99mph. If my MPH was higher my ET would be allot better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me get this straight, so when you race the Fun ford Weekend or the Mod. Shootout it's not racing it's tuning(yeah go tell this to the participants). Get real
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 12:29, DOUBLE J wrote:
Let me get this straight, so when you race the Fun ford Weekend or the Mod. Shootout it's not racing it's tuning(yeah go tell this to the participants). Get real
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

See the :grin: at the end or Ray's comments. That means he's joking around. Lighten up.
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 16:33, 01GTB wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 12:29, DOUBLE J wrote:
Let me get this straight, so when you race the Fun ford Weekend or the Mod. Shootout it's not racing it's tuning(yeah go tell this to the participants). Get real
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

See the :grin: at the end or Ray's comments. That means he's joking around. Lighten up.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I guess he missed my point! When I'm in my Bullitt my competition is anyting but a Ford,when I'm in my Buick my competition is anythink but a Buick.
And yes I race my Buick once a year at the GSCA Nationals (All Buick).

This board is not a National meet go look for your competition else were!!! The week you have been on this site all you have been doing is posting about your 404 HP! GET REAL!

I hope everyone else understood what I was saying.Why target your own brand?There is enough competition out there. A National meet is a completely different story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
I think supercharging a Bullitt is definitely going to put you in rare company. I imagine most owners are hesistant to mod the car with simple bolt-ons, much less a blower.

With that being said, and you're really serious about drag racing like in Fun Ford, you will end up getting grouped in the power-adder modular 2V class. I know of some already in the mid 10s and dynoing well over 500+ RWHP. You're going to need to turn the wick up some more than you have right now to be competitive.
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 22:25, JB VOBRA wrote:
I think supercharging a Bullitt is definitely going to put you in rare company. I imagine most owners are hesistant to mod the car with simple bolt-ons, much less a blower.

With that being said, and you're really serious about drag racing like in Fun Ford, you will end up getting grouped in the power-adder modular 2V class. I know of some already in the mid 10s and dynoing well over 500+ RWHP. You're going to need to turn the wick up some more than you have right now to be competitive.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
UMMMM sounds like 404rwhp just won't cut it... :-B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 23:09, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:

UMMMM sounds like 404rwhp just won't cut it... :-B


</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

here's one of them. Note the complete list of mods to run in the 10's. You have to open the wallet REAL wide to be competitive:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21580&highlight=Cobra32Kb
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 23:25, JB VOBRA wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-30 23:09, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:

UMMMM sounds like 404rwhp just won't cut it... :-B


</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

here's one of them. Note the complete list of mods to run in the 10's. You have to open the wallet REAL wide to be competitive:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21580&highlight=Cobra32Kb
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Great link JB! Do you have anymore links to build ups like that? My goal is 500+ RWHP with my Bullitt. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt1164 on 2001-12-31 14:35 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,857 Posts
what sall the hub bub about anyway... everyone has a right to respond just like you did... rays a great guy , so are most of the other folks here... why are u ''allowed'' to say back off yet you don't want hime to respond to what was said about his comments...maybe I am mis-interpeting things here but me thinks folks need to calm down a bit... one thing I am amazed at... it wasn't me getting the torch this time... what a first...
happy new years everyone from me 'n'DHG#1994 in the great state of Texas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I agree about all the hub dub. I appologize if I offended anyone. All I was doing when I wrote the topic was that I was curious what the fastest quarter mile tmes where for the bullitt. After all the bad press we are getting (quarter mile times), I was hoping to get some good #'s from bullitt owners to disprove the bad press.Let me make state that this is the wifes car and know I don't expect it to be the fastest(there is allways someone faster) nor do I have any expectations of racing it.
 
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-31 11:35, texasbullitt wrote:
what sall the hub bub about anyway... everyone has a right to respond just like you did... rays a great guy , so are most of the other folks here... why are u ''allowed'' to say back off yet you don't want hime to respond to what was said about his comments...maybe I am mis-interpeting things here but me thinks folks need to calm down a bit... one thing I am amazed at... it wasn't me getting the torch this time... what a first...
happy new years everyone from me 'n'DHG#1994 in the great state of Texas

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Happy New Year to you Texas.... :-B
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
535 Posts
To get the 500rwhp you will need to do some serious work and a deep wallet!! :smile:. I had a 318ci stroker built(JE Forged pistons, Manley rods, SCAT crank)for my car, AFM cams, ported heads with all new valvetrain work (Chevy springs: stronger), Canton oil pan and pickup, ATI Procharger w/ 3 core intercooler making 14psi. With this combo, I am being told I will see around 600rwhp. Go to a smaller pulley on the blower and who knows. The motor and blower as well as a new trany (TKO) are ready to go in when I get the time to mess with it. All told, over $13,000 just in parts!!!!! :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Well i have just a very slightly moded bullitt....only temp. im going to do valves cams and vortec supercharer with the next 3-4 months. But any ways what does just a stock bullit run in the 1/4, no mods no nothing???? anyone no for sure???
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top