Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked mine up last Tuesday night and drove it a little on Wednesday. Locked it in the garage with 90 miles on the clock. Haven't even seen it since then. My next day off is Sunday so maybe it will see the light of day again soon, I miss it already. I haven't even had time to wash and detail it properly. In the meantime, my '97 Mazda 626 daily driver/old beater has been taking the beating provided by all the thunderstorms we're having in Dallas.

Anybody else have a Bullitt that has thus far collected more dust than miles?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I should also mention that I plan to drive my Bullitt at every opportunity but I'm trying to keep "excessive" miles off it. Therefore it is not my daily driver.

For comparison, my '00 GT vert (which was a daily driver) clocked over 36,000 miles in 12 months and had over 40k when I traded it in for my wife's Explorer Sport Trac. At least half of those miles were with the top down. Still miss that car, but I think the Bullitt will ease my pain. :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Nothing wrong with trying to keep the miles down, but don't become fanatical about it :grin: Mine has 3100 miles after 3 1/2 months, that's low for me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bud, new engine already? Defective old one or are you going with all forged internals and a power adder?

·
Registered
41 Posts
1995 miles since 5/21/01, that includes 3 trips to Indy (200 miles round trip). we had 4600 on 1880 before trading and have about 500 on the Lightning since last Saturday.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
15 miles. Owned it for 2 weeks. I expect that to change soon, very soon.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Two Blown head gaskets killed 227 and Ford has orderd a NEW motor for it. All they will tell me is it takes 10 days to get the motor. 10 working days or 10 consecutive days??? Would be nice to know, it makes a difference on when I get it back;-)...

But the good news is I get to start all over with the breakin;-(... Dang #227 was running so well before all this unfun;-(...

Take care.

Bud
http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
821 Posts
She had 4 miles on when I left the dealership after purchasing her. It's 25 miles home, unfortunately. She was bought October 2nd and she now has 88.1 miles. She will be my daily driver once I sell my Avenger ES, but until then, I'll only take the Bullitt once in a while, keep the miles down while I can but enjoy it too!

:smile:

·
Registered
586 Posts
More dust than miles here. Bought 6/13/01 and have 1380 miles. Garaged.

My office is 3 miles from home. I should move about 20 further. Love to drive, but the '88 Ranger (145K miles) is the rainy day beater.

Also, need wax. Just ordered a Porter-Cable random orbit polisher. When the finish is right, my Bullitt will venture into the real world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts