Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with a fiberglass hood on their Bullitt? I am trying to put the deep draw CS6 style hood from Shelby and among some other fitment issues, the Bullitt CAI box/stripping is causing the Driver side of the hood to bow up some. Remove the CAI and it sits flush. Any body guys have any thoughts for fitment? Or a way to adapt this hood? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any pictures? Looking at mine (3491) for reference you could probably buy 1/2-3/4 of an in by removing the rubber gasket. Remove the rubber seal and take a piece or play-doh, or wacky tack or some other squishy type material and place it at the highest point, slowly close the hood on i and see if it still warps.. if not measure the height of the play-doh and that’s the thickness of the gasket you need to find to seal up the CAI. You may only need it on the very edge of the CAI. Trimming the CS6 hood may also be an option but may lead to to costly mistakes. The part that’s most likely hitting is the outside edge, you may also be able to remove the CAI seal from that small portion and replace it with a thinner foam type gasket

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I have a True Fiber '68 Shelby style hood in fiberglass. As for fitment, there were no issues except a minor windshield washer tubing hardware adaptation. Photo can be seen at 09 Bullittproof forum. It the latest pic there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem semi solved. The Bullitt CAI sits pretty high, high enough Ford redesigned the hood blanket for all 2008 and newer cars for it (they put it on all cars). Removing the rubber gasket helped, but would hit the blanket non uniformly. Finally bit the Bullitt (hah) and bought the FRPP Steeda 90mm from the SGTs and GT-H’s. Maybe got an 1 HP with the wider MAF diameter who knows. Looks alright and sits way lower. Hood sits nice and flush. Thanks all!
I guess my Bullitt CAI is for sale if anyone is interested

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you have pictures and a list of the issues you encountered and how you resolved them? I'm interested in this exact hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts