Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to pick her up at 6 tonight, well thats when their going to start to dyno. Looking to get over 410 ponies to the wheels, cant wait!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Most excellent, let us know some numbers when you can. BTW which blower did you go with?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i finally got home after what seemed like forever. Cant say im totally happy though. It ends up the pulley was a 12 psi pulley and was only putting out 7-8 psi. So i have to go back sometime and they are ordering another pulley to get me in the 400's. However i did end up with 381 rwhp and 410 ft/lb of torque. So i guess i still got a little ways to go but man does this thing pull. I went with the Kenne Bell 2.1 for those who asked.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
How can a 12psi pulley only put out 7-8psi??????

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering the same thing, the guy that put on my KB called KB and specifically asked them about the new 2.1 kit and the numbers we were looking to get and he said it should work, obviously it didnt so its back to the drawing board, no big deal, im a heck of alot farther now then i was yesterday

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
ButtaLuns said:
I was wondering the same thing, the guy that put on my KB called KB and specifically asked them about the new 2.1 kit and the numbers we were looking to get and he said it should work, obviously it didnt so its back to the drawing board, no big deal, im a heck of alot farther now then i was yesterday
umm if its a 12 PSI pully then you'll get 12 psi not 7-8. most likly they said over 410 with a 12 psi pully and under 410 with the 7-8 psi pully.

Unless the car is getting EXTREAM slipage with the 12 psi pulley and it isnt spinning it as hard as it should.

plus i hope your internals are built cause 12 is pushing the limit pretty high if your internals are not built.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Did you use the K-B chip and was it calibrated to the calibration number on your car door ? Also like mentioned there could be some slippage of the belt. I have the 9 psi kit and K-B told me that the power i am making is about right for the kit. Factor in on average 15% for drive train lose and its making around 437 at the crank. Thats at the limit for the stock bottom end.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
umm if its a 12 PSI pully then you'll get 12 psi not 7-8. most likly they said over 410 with a 12 psi pully and under 410 with the 7-8 psi pully.

Unless the car is getting EXTREAM slipage with the 12 psi pulley and it isnt spinning it as hard as it should.

plus i hope your internals are built cause 12 is pushing the limit pretty high if your internals are not built.
I'm pushing 10.5PSI with an 8PSI pulley thanks to the powerpipe.

My guess would be that you have either a vaccum leak that is allowing you to lose boost, or that you don't really have the 12psi pulley on.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Me too....I get 12psi @ 6200 with a 10psi pulley and Power Pipe.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
5111 said:
I'm pushing 10.5PSI with an 8PSI pulley thanks to the powerpipe.

My guess would be that you have either a vaccum leak that is allowing you to lose boost, or that you don't really have the 12psi pulley on.
same here dee im spiking at 10.5 to 11 psi but at a steady 8 to 9. i dont think he has the 12 psi pulley. cause if it was dynoed and there was a vacuum leak that bad then the DYNO would catch it or the computer would.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the shop that put it on talked specifically with kenne bell and thats the pulley they sent so maybe they sent the wrong pulley but they said they were sending the 12 psi pulley. As far as belt slippage that might be the case cuz the belt did have a tendency to move a bit and the shop called me back today and was discussing that with kenne bell today. So i guess its just a matter of waiting til the new pulley gets here and seeing what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts