Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday morning I had a 1.8 Turbo GTI sitting next to me at a light. He kept kept rocking forward and back riding the clutch. The light turned green and we started off. I started off strong but no wheelspin. He floors it. I had him by a car length before the first shift. I chirped second and left him about 3-4 car lengths behind. Not much of a race but it was fun anyways. :-B I read that they are 0-60 in 6.82. EZ Kill.

What is even more surprising is I had a Toyota Tacoma pickup try to mess around with me last night. He stopped me from changing lanes to be open at the light. But I ate him up when the light turned green. His passenger was looking puzzled :eek: as I roared past. I think they mistook the Bullitt for a 3.8 six with duals. :oops:

Guess Both of them will think twice next time. :lol:

2001 DHG Bullitt #5093 (Tinted Windows)
2002 Expedition(The Beast)

Other Toys:
1997 Yamaha GP760 Waverunner
1997 Tigershark Monte Carle 770
1994 Yamaha VXR

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bull5093 on 2002-03-20 10:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bull5093 on 2002-03-20 10:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
437 Posts
Never had a race in either my Ram Air or my Bullitt!! Can honestly say that I don't mind.

Yup, I am sure lots of people think the Bullitt is just a V6 Mustang until of course they hear it and see it walking away from them!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't race that much either. These 2 were just asking for it and I was in the mood. One of these days, I am going to take it out to Orlando Speedworld to "Test and Tune". I will probably modify the car and I want to have a baseline for it. :smile:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was not modded at all from what could be seen and heard. I used to have a turbo(94 Eclipse GSX) and know that it is pretty easy to crank up the boost and make them much faster.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My son had a GTI w/ a VR6, chip and K&N system. He thought he was bad. His pocket rocket held on galantly through the first two gears, being only 2 car lengths behind. He knew it was all over when he heard me chirp the tires in third gear. Bullitt was gone.

What was even better was that my wife was riding with me and my daughter with him. It was a true family outing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts