Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man,it only took like 39 years,for a manifold to come about!!! A 351,especially a stroked version,can make more use of the twin Holleys,than a little 289 or 302!
A little pricey,but it is here.
Check it out.. www.pricemotorsports.com
OK Edelbrock, where is your tunnel ram??!! I really want a Tunnel Ram for the '85 LX!!

I just talked with Weiand, and they said....great idea,might do it someday. Yeah right!
Talked with World Product,famous for casting up Windsor Mega Blocks,killer cylinder heads to feed those 460 Windsor cubes. They said,Yeah would be nice on our stroker engine,but no plans yet to cast them!!
I don't get it!!
I would think designing and casting new blocks and heads,would be far more time and money consuming,than a simple new intake. Just grab a Weiand 302 High Ram and copy it for the 351,adjusting for the extra width of the 351 Windsor and tuning the runner length!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to find,because other than a custom sheetmetal intake,there never were any twin 4bbl. intakes for the 351W.
Now Edelbrock has one,a low rise 180 degree unit for the AFB(Edelbrock carb) setup,but not much if any gain,could be less,compaired to the single 4bbl. RPM Air Gap,or Victor Jr.
Even Shelby passed on making a dual quad intake! Remember the Cobra intakes for the 289/302?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rangerdoc said:
But the intake manifold is only for 289/302 blocks,correct?
All is not lost...Edelbrock has a much better RPM Air Gap dual quad intake out for the 351.
Now if I can machine up some tall carb spacers,with a four hole clover leaf shape,might work out as, tuning for torque, tunnel ram!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I think you're right. I have a 302 so I hadn't looked to see if they offered it for a 351. I can't wait to have the tri-power set up. You should ask them if they can do that set-up for a 351. Seems like there must be a tri-power intake out there someplace for a 351.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.