Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it going into third. Granted it wasn't much, but it did chirp. Has anyone else having problems with the rear end "fish-tailing" when going through the gears hard? Of course I have the trac assist off, but it seems to be doing it more lately.
Cam

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cam,

Does it fishtail hard or just kick out a little? #1790 loves to swing its back end out. Of course, as a fellow LEO I would never do it on a public street. :lol:

·
Registered
250 Posts
You think 3rd is nice waite t'll you chirp 4th with 17lbs of air on bfg drag rad.
and by the way i have the same problem between shifts. time for some upper and lower control arms.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
As the crocodile hunter would say "danger, danger, danger mates!" Rear end can snap around with amazing speed and then inertia is in control, all depends on the road surface.

Be safe man! :cool:

Hank

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've had second actually swing a bit. The one time 3rd kicked out, it kicked HARD as I was merging onto the hwy. Not far, but violently and briefly to one side before coming back under control. I am probably making it sound more scary than it was, though. It was never what you'd really call a SLIDE. And I'm not too proud to admit when a car has scared me. This was just fun.

There are some sandy sections on city streets around here where I'm very careful to take it easy, though!

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-10-11 00:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have noticed that on some nice tire rollings that it always pulls to the drivers side, and i nailed 1st then 2nd started to the drivers side and third pulled harder and i barked it in 4thonly to have it jump bout a ft.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Dont' know about you guys but I can't chirp 3rd anymore... Maybe I'm just not trying hard.... But my second gear scratches are a lot more fierce. Grrrr. :wink:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Chilli, everyones missing the point. Congratulations is in order. I know how GREAT that feels. I don't get it all the time, but when I do I'ts big grin "lol" "lol"

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you mean Brad. Did I mention it was on a parking lot? :roll: When I hit third it was more of a sway, but a couple of times when I hit second it was kind of a snap back and forth. I actually did it with my mom in the car one day. Had a kid in a slammed 300Z get on my bumper and I was still in first so I let him know to stay back. BOY did I hear about that one!!!! Was like being 16 again and having the old Ranchero again!!!
Cam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts