Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a BLAST! I cruised out tonight down some lonely 2-lane road, found a nice patch of level pavement and rolled the windows down, turned off the stereo and sat there for a moment listening to the frogs and crickets. I cracked the throttle to 3K and dumped the clutch. Immediately I was greeted by the roar of the motor and spinning tires... and too soon the motor bouncing off the rev-limiter. I grabbed 2nd, got slightly out of shape while still burning rubber, and hooked up for good. 3rd gear came very fast, and with a nice chirp. In no time I was up to 100. I cruised back and looked at my marks (god, I sound like a teenager all over again!) and was quite impressed to see a two nice fat streaks-a 20footer in first, and a 15 footer 2nd gear.
These cars are unbelievable. I drove a new GT 5speed and it pales in comparison.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Dejavu, PCRMAN! Been there, done that.....
Isn't it awesome! Brings out the kid in us! Brings an instant grin to your face as well, huh? :-B

·
Registered
225 Posts
Found out that as the motor get broke in it ia even EASIER to chirp even when not trying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts