Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member since 2002 and loved the DHG Bullitt (1994) since the day my dad bought his (Texasbullitt). On December 4th 2007 I will be flying to California to purchase #1983. Ironically that was the year I was born. I will be driving back from California to Texas with two rest stops. I just want to say hi to the community and I already feel welcome because of the great people that are on here that I have been in contact with. Brian, the current owner of #01983 has been very easy to purchase the car from and has answered all my questions. I know that he will miss the car but it is getting a great home. Anyone who knows Texasbullitt knows that we take care of our cars. Hope to see all you bullittheads at the next car meet, which will probably take place in Arlington, Tx.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,069 Posts
Ok Jason, we'll get you on the Registry now that it is official. Congratulations! Do you have to park your Bullitt outside?

Don't forget to put your # in your profile. :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
...Don't forget to put your # in your profile.
And don't forget to mod with Whelen Slimlighter LED's. :nerd:

Jason, congratulations regarding your purchase of DHG 01983. :cool:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
UDBullitt said:
I have been a member since 2002 and loved the DHG Bullitt (1994) since the day my dad bought his (Texasbullitt). On December 4th 2007 I will be flying to California to purchase #1983. Ironically that was the year I was born. I will be driving back from California to Texas with two rest stops. I just want to say hi to the community and I already feel welcome because of the great people that are on here that I have been in contact with. Brian, the current owner of #01983 has been very easy to purchase the car from and has answered all my questions. I know that he will miss the car but it is getting a great home. Anyone who knows Texasbullitt knows that we take care of our cars. Hope to see all you bullittheads at the next car meet, which will probably take place in Arlington, Tx.
CONGRATULATIONS JASON ... Be careful on your drive home ... AND ENJOY IT ~ !!! :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the comments. I like the Whelen light bars. I have one already on my squad. Its not led but its still bright. I will put my number in my profile tonight. I'm so excited. This is gonna be a fun road trip. I also wanna thank bullitt 5111 for letting me use his bumper bra for the ride back. Id get eaten up with rock chips without it. This was all possible because of texasbullitt. Thanks dad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Jason

Looking foward to seeing the new ride!

Don't get any tickets on the way back( We write his insurance out of my office).
I guess you would hope to get some "professional courtesy" if it did happen though!
Let me know the next GTG you are attending, I will bring 0740 out. Also, please let me know when your dad gets the '08, my wife and I GOTTA SEE IT!

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Congrats...drive safely and enjoy your trip! You'll remember this for the rest of your life. Once again, congrats!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Congrats on your purchase Jason...I checked old postings about 1983 for sale and you'll be pick it up here in Ventura County....Its a good six and half hour drive to Phoenix...Tip: Leave here with a full tank and you should be able to make it to stateline(Bylthe)Get gas in Arizona(one exit over stateline at Flying J truckstop)Its cheaper by a good twenty to thirty cents per gallon.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will park it in the garage for sure. Thanks for the tip pronkie i will definately get gas there. Thanks guys for the comments.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi

i tried to send you a pm but you have too many. have i met you at a meet before or do you know my dad.

mabela said:
Looking foward to seeing the new ride!

Don't get any tickets on the way back( We write his insurance out of my office).
I guess you would hope to get some "professional courtesy" if it did happen though!
Let me know the next GTG you are attending, I will bring 0740 out. Also, please let me know when your dad gets the '08, my wife and I GOTTA SEE IT!

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is Andy at the Nationwide Office!
Did you get the bullitt?

·
Registered
96 Posts
good deals

I sure can try. Get my info. from Jason and we'll see if I can't save a fellow bullitt owner a couple bucks. BUT I would need to take a look at that '08 first.

·
Car Whisperer
20,882 Posts
Congrats on the Bullitt. Enjoy your journey and no need to worry about tickets if you enjoy the ride, then speeding just gets you done quicker. I like to take my time to get the most seat time!!!!

Have a safe trip and we look forward to the pics and meeting you at the next group meeting.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey andy, didn't know it was you. yea i got the bullitt and i will bring it by the office when the weather gets better. this aint seeing the rain lol. maybe wed or thurs this week. i got some questions for you also.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the comments guys. i drove from ventura to flagstaff az in about 7 hrs or so i think. stayed in a hojo right next to train tracks. i will post pics soon i promise. after that i went to lubbock and got there in like 8-9 hrs. stayed the night at a friends house. i could feel the clutch grinding. dad said it was the pressure plate when he drove it after i got it home. got a dual friction clutch comin in the mail. should be here on monday next week. went from lubbock to denton in like 6.5 or so. nice. got lots of great pics that i can't wait to share. hope to see yall at the next dfw meet. i am trying to get a meet toether this wed or thurs if the weather is good. if interested i posted the gtg info in the texas section so check it out. i also put the gtg info on stnagnet and on dfwstangs. we used to meet at hooters in denton off 35 quite often so hopefully this will be a good turnout if its not too cold. its freezing right now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey pronkie, i tried to get to the flying truck stop when i hit the split but couldn't find it. i don't know how i didn't see it but i missed it. i drove around for like 7 extra miles tryin to find it and saw part of the city though so not all was lost. that was some of the most fun i have ever had, just me and the road. it was nice. the drive took about 25 hrs total and my lower back was hurting but it was worth it. if i had to do it again for another car i would but would bring a pillow for the back. i don't ever plan on trading or selling this car. i'll sell a kidney first, lol.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OTS? what is that. it works if ots means not working.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts