Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 stang has been done for a few years, with a 5.0 stroked to 342. I always wanted to put Fuel Injection on it. The engine ran good with the carb set up, I put the TWM Injection on it and this just ran like crap and been trying to sort this out for awhile. I finally came to the conclusion it was a internal engine problem. I took a deep breath and had the engine gone over again this time by Superior Automotive in Anaheim, Ca. Got this engine from a friend (Free) It was originally built by Central coast Mustang-Engine shop in Tehachapi Ca.
I Would suggest no one gets a engine from these guy's! what was found inside was terrible from inproper balancing to inferior parts and wrong type roller rockers, it would of let loose..So right now it is balanced and blueprinted 342 ci and puting out 330 hp and 354 tq to the rear wheels. Took a chunk out of my bank account but now I can DRIVE IT !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Rich: Good to hear you got it all sorted out......I know you been working hard in finishing your car...........

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
That is SWEEEEET ;-).

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
181 Posts
What a sweet looking engine compartment. Rich you did it up right. Can't wait to get the LA Bullittheads together again soon to see it....

regards,
mark

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sweet looking motor and engine bay! The old ones are a lot of fun to keep runin' ain't they?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Man I am glad to hear that you have that thing run'en right!!
Hey everyone. Rich's 66' is a true piece of ART!! This car is so BEAUTIFUL!! Now that it has this styled fuel injection system on it!! I will never considder going to a show with him. He will take EVERYTHING HE GOES TO!!!
Congrats Rich!! I will do a drive by soon to check it out!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks too all for your nice words. This was a pain getting there, from the Webbers to the FI. Almost gave up a few times and went back to the 4 barrel, but I was at a point of no return. glad I stuck to it because of bad internal stuff and balance.
Mike don't downplay your ride because I still think it is the best 68 fastback 'BULLITT' car that I have ever seen around, remember you have the king of cool car.
I will try to put together a Bullitt get together sometime in October around here in Santa Barbara in a nice park for a BBQ and see how many Bullitts we can pull together from all around.............

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Rich,

The Webbers make it very cool! I know we ran dual webbers on the VWs and Sand Rails for years and sinking carbs was ALWAYS FUN ;-)...

Thanks

Bud and Anne

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where's the distributor?!

I love your setup. I'm not too proud to copy it. What did you get and where did you get it?

And, you gotta talk to me about the missing distributor!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Fuel Injection setup is TWM injection (They make injection to resemble the old Webber set up that were on the Cobras etc) I have a crank fire ignition thus no distributor adjust everything from laptop. Thats what I meant when I said I was at a point of no return. restored the gas tank for FI, electric fuel pump, ignition and the whole computer control thing....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sounds like some fun, I'll try to get Mike and the 68 also to make the cruize down it all depends on when he is on call for work...Maybe in a few weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts