Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got sick of being green with envy when ppl talk about the gains from the tuners from Brenspeed or Bamachips, so today I ordered a Bamachips SCTx3 with the 91 octane trio torque/perf/race. Will update once i get the tuner and get the tunes uploaded

·
Registered
778 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
I got sick of being green with envy when ppl talk about the gains from the tuners from Brenspeed or Bamachips, so today I ordered a Bamachips SCTx3 with the 91 octane trio torque/perf/race. Will update once i get the tuner and get the tunes uploaded
Don't forget to update the firmware on the SCT once you get it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
firmware? wha?!
SCT tech support recommended I update the SCT X3 firmware before downloading tunes to my Bullitt. Check out the SCT website. There you can download the latest X3 Enhanced Updater Software to your home computer or laptop. It is with this software that you download email tunes to your SCT device, store your stock tune to your computer from the X3 and update the firmware on your SCT X3. Your unit should come with a usb data cable so you can connect it to your home computer.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Unless there has been a very recent update you should be fine, the last one was months ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bamachips custom SCT X3 arrived today and I uploaded the 91 Octane Torque tune... holy mother of cats!!!! It's like driving a different car! Even with the traction control on, the tires want to smoke every time I leave a light!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good to here Im ready for mine to come in. I just ordered it this week so I probably still have a bit. Congrats and have fun......What the heck is that dog barking at lol gotta go for a sec.

·
Registered
778 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
Bamachips custom SCT X3 arrived today and I uploaded the 91 Octane Torque tune... holy mother of cats!!!! It's like driving a different car! Even with the traction control on, the tires want to smoke every time I leave a light!!
Wait till you try Bama's Race tune!

·
Registered
778 Posts
BMASSIV said:
Good to here Im ready for mine to come in. I just ordered it this week so I probably still have a bit. Congrats and have fun......What the heck is that dog barking at lol gotta go for a sec.
If you ordered one from Bamachips you might have a little bit of a wait as they are transitioning over to a new building but should be up and running by next week.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What kind of numbers are either the Brenspeed or Bamachips tuner doing for our Bullitts? One is definitely on my wish list. Maybe that's what I'll ask for Christmas/B-day present this year. Would I see noticable differences on my stock B?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Not so much H/P gains but a definite throttle response thing so much so it sure feels like a H/P gain.There is about 8 to 10 H/P gains I believe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there any real difference between the two tunes? I'm about ready to make a purchase and of course would like to get the best gains for my money.

·
Registered
778 Posts
FullCircle said:
Is there any real difference between the two tunes? I'm about ready to make a purchase and of course would like to get the best gains for my money.
I should be able to let you know in a week or so after I get my 93 octane tune from Brenspeed. I already run Bama's 3 93 octane tunes so I should be able to do a comparison.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've heard from reputable sources that Bamachips customer service is weak.Can't speak for the tunes though.I can guarantee you that you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH BRENSPEED.Ask Terry who sent him there long ago:smile:
They handled the tunes for my 07' Shelby GT and the tunes,service and advice were nothing less than top notch.

·
Registered
778 Posts
08 Shifter said:
I've heard from reputable sources that Bamachips customer service is weak.Can't speak for the tunes though.I can guarantee you that you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH BRENSPEED.Ask Terry who sent him there long ago:smile:
They handled the tunes for my 07' Shelby GT and the tunes,service and advice were nothing less than top notch.
I know first hand Bamachips went through a transition period so they were not able to answer calls or emails for a short time. As far as their customer service goes, I myself have not had any problems with them. I have received my orders in a timely fashion and they have answered all of of questions. Currently they are working on a revision of the YUM0 calibration code for the 09 Bullitts as I have been the first to report a dashpot problem with their 93 octane tunes. Every 08 Bullitt owner that has their 93 octane tunes that I know have had no problems.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Brenspeed?

shortymustang said:
I should be able to let you know in a week or so after I get my 93 octane tune from Brenspeed. I already run Bama's 3 93 octane tunes so I should be able to do a comparison.
Anyone know what the standard lead time is in receiving an email tune from Brenspeed? I ordered by phone on July 22nd and I have not heard anything back from Chandler as of yet.:confused:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
shortymustang said:
Anyone know what the standard lead time is in receiving an email tune from Brenspeed? I ordered by phone on July 22nd and I have not heard anything back from Chandler as of yet.:confused:

I received mine within 10 days, so you should be receiving yours any day now. Brenspeed has a good install video on its site to look at before you get started. Enjoy the tune!:smile:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
I received mine within 10 days, so you should be receiving yours any day now. Brenspeed has a good install video on its site to look at before you get started. Enjoy the tune!:smile:
Thanks. I saw their video awhile back and referred to it when I loaded my 3 Bama tunes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts