Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally managed to get the car on the dyno with the Mongoose Vortech - and I am very impressed with the results! Power delivery was really smooth and the tuner was very impressed with the kit and the mapping done on the car. Peak power was 388 at the flywheel which translates to 360 at the wheels. Torque was 397 lb/ft at the fly. Boost peaked at 10 psi which was quite surprising seeing as I'm only meant to see 8 psi, a/f was quite rich (and safe) at 10.5 - 11.2 at WOT so I may well be able to lean out a little. Very Happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
oz said:
Boost peaked at 10 psi which was quite surprising seeing as I'm only meant to see 8 psi,
The extra boost is due to the powerpipe. I see about 10.5psi @ 6000rpms with mine.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
bullitt890 said:
for those of you with this kit, what octane are you guys running?
93 Octane

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Well done mate, so will you be at Santa Pod then ? ? ?

Adrian says he is bringing 4 Bullitt's
Alan makes 5
Mine will be 6
and if Laurence in the Essex Blue one comes as well that will be 7

Are you going to make it 8 Bullitt's together in the UK for the first time !

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bob - if I don't get a call to go away this week - it's on! However I have a strong suspicion that as it is my first week back I will have to go offshore. There must be a weekend this year when I can make something for definate!

I spoke with Tim at Modular Powerhouse and he said he richened my tune 3% as he was not sure of the elevation here. I'm at sea level so I will be taking 3% back out again which should get my a/f where it needs to be. I'm getting the AEM wideband so will be able to check it with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts