Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...
im back. was away for three years studying abroad. cant wait to start my car up everymorning.
i saved up and my bullitt is finally ready for new mods.
im basically going to do everything on it apart from waht i already have( full exhaust system, gauges, air filter) excpet supercharge as i dont want to ruin the strong bullitts engine.
what i am planning to do: gears, chip, suspension, weigth reduction, stronger in engine parts liek pistons or somthing, and change some engine parts.
please let me know what is the best to do to get the most power without having to put on a supercharger. might do it but not this summer.

also, i want to put on some real nice DEEP DISHrims and tires. please give me some ideas, pics, etc... i want some nice tough stuff. it only deserves the best.
my budget is basically of 5000 dollars US for everything for this time. might put another 5000 soon. for now i think it shoudl be fine.
please i am looking forward to your news and feedback . please let me know as i know you guys no a lot more than me about the cars specificities and parts.
thank you so much..
regards

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
It is expensive to make power without supercharging. Trust me! If you are going to upgrade the bottom end anyway, why not supercharge it? About the deep dish rims, I don't know where manufacturers are with the American Racing (I think) lawsuit for copying the torque thrust design, but I think they are selling them again...that is, is you are going to stay with the torque thrust design. If you are anal, you might not want the discolorization between the stocker fronts and the aftermarket 10.5" rears. They are a little darker, so I suggest getting all four new wheels as well.

Fully built bottom end, Probe pistons/rods/stroker kit. Camshafts. Headwork. Tune. But all of that will be past your 5K budget...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Ruin the Stong BUllitt motor???????

Mine seems to be fine.

I say S/C that BLEOTCH

+1 on that!!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
+1 Supercharging is the easiest way to make power, and if tuned CORRECTLY, the factory bottom end can Handel it. The only down side is a supercharger kit will take a sizable chunk out of your budgeted $5000.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys.... after refelction i think imma put in the full budget and do the supercharger thing with grears and suspension. cant wait for that senorita to come out the chop preped up.
but i still need ideas for rims and tires... thanks all... great people...

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you want to go and buy the 10.5's by themselves. Look for someone selling 03-04 rims. They are the same color as the replicas.

Chad

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
blackmagik said:
hey guys...
im back. was away for three years studying abroad.
Where were you studying?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
south of france(MONTE CARLO) BUSINESS SCHOOL
it was ok... 3 years though::: cant wait to get back to my normal life.... and standard of living:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
blackmagik said:
south of france(MONTE CARLO) BUSINESS SCHOOL
it was ok... 3 years though::: cant wait to get back to my normal life.... and standard of living:)
congrats on the education!
and
treat yourself with a blown BULLITT. Best ride on the planet!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jdslyrbullitt said:
congrats on the education!
and
treat yourself with a blown BULLITT. Best ride on the planet!
thank you very much!!!!it was long but full of great experiences.. good and bad.. i am just glad it is finally over and going back to my girl.. soon wife... not the car.... a reall woman... eventhough my bullitt is one of my darlings...hehe... but yeah.... back to a nromal lifestyle andstarting work soon.. so cant wait. it was a long pause... lol..

i definitly will blow the car but lets say after i get some few months of salary... hehe.. u all know how it is.. things dont come easy. i also need to buya winter car.. cus if you know how canadianwinters are.. then you all know i need another one.
so ill see what i can do.... maybe blow it for next summer. ill just do a few mods this summer like wheels and tires, then gears... then close clutch and suspension and lower it. that should make it a better ride too now??
thanks for all the replies... andkeep replying and chatting.. great to meet nice people. talkwith you lates...

g

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
blackmagik said:
hey guys...
im back. was away for three years studying abroad. cant wait to start my car up everymorning.
i saved up and my bullitt is finally ready for new mods.
im basically going to do everything on it apart from waht i already have( full exhaust system, gauges, air filter) excpet supercharge as i dont want to ruin the strong bullitts engine.
what i am planning to do: gears, chip, suspension, weigth reduction, stronger in engine parts liek pistons or somthing, and change some engine parts.
please let me know what is the best to do to get the most power without having to put on a supercharger. might do it but not this summer.

also, i want to put on some real nice DEEP DISHrims and tires. please give me some ideas, pics, etc... i want some nice tough stuff. it only deserves the best.
my budget is basically of 5000 dollars US for everything for this time. might put another 5000 soon. for now i think it shoudl be fine.
please i am looking forward to your news and feedback . please let me know as i know you guys no a lot more than me about the cars specificities and parts.
thank you so much..
regards

I went with 3.73 gears, CAI, custom tune and KOOK's long tube headers with X-pipe. Plenty of power for low to mid 13's and reliability. No blower for this Bullitt.
On the PROBE parts....Forget those idiots!! Been there with one of their stroker kits,and now their rocker arms on my 351W.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts