Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought both these types...

I ended up liking these better......

I like them both but had hoped the red on the supercharged emblems would match the red on our calipers better. That is my first official Bullitt mod. Next are the retro rings. I also have 1 (yes, 1) 10" deep dish wheel coming from late model resto. I want to see how closely it will match the wheels on the car now. The only other things in the works are a Bullitt numbered shifter ball from MRT, and still undecided on exhaust. I need to hear some systems in person before I do anything there. It turns out MRaburn had already done more to the car than I knew about. It has MRT springs and Steeda lower control arms already installed. I don't plan on changing a thing there. I just was able to register the car today so I haven't driven it since last Sunday when the trip permit ran out. Now it's supposed to rain so it will stay in the garage until next week probably....oh well....John R:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey John, since you've done this mod can you tell me how many holes are used to secure the factory GT emblem? I purchased something a little more retro for mine, but haven't put them on because I was afraid of removing the stock pieces and then having to drive around with holes in the car if things didn't line up.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
the nickel city kid said:
Hey John, since you've done this mod can you tell me how many holes are used to secure the factory GT emblem? I purchased something a little more retro for mine, but haven't put them on because I was afraid of removing the stock pieces and then having to drive around with holes in the car if things didn't line up.
There are two holes under each GT emblem.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
itsabullitt said:
Those look great. Where did you get the ones you put on the car? I really like those!
Thanks, I had a hard time deciding but I think I made the right choice....I got them at American Muscle-Here is a link...http://www.americanmuscle.com/emblems.html

the nickel city kid; Hey John, since you've done this mod can you tell me how many holes are used to secure the factory GT emblem? I purchased something a little more retro for mine, but haven't put them on because I was afraid of removing the stock pieces and then having to drive around with holes in the car if things didn't line up.
Today 08:03 PM
What SmokinBullitt said...I would add that the hole on top is bigger than the hole on bottom, quite a bit bigger. If you do a search under fender emblems on this board you will come across pics somebody took of the holes exposed. Do you have a pic of the emblems you got? Maybe somebody here has already put them on and can give you peace of mind...
Also-you may have already researched this but dental floss really does work to take the GT emblems off. Use it like a bone saw pulling it back and forth working your way towards the center of the emblem. You will need lots of it as you will probably break several strands while pulling it back & forth. Eventually you will get the floss to the alignment pins on the back of the moldings which are almost dead center. Patience is key here. When you get the GT badges off you will need to clean the residual 2 sided tape off. I used my thumbnail to get the heavy parts off, then used liquid clay bar (Turtle Wax) to get the rest off. When I was done you couldnt tell there was anything ever there......John :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SmokinBullitt said:
I put these on (similar but slightly different), and removed the RED 4.6 emblem:
I saw those too...It was basically a coin toss between the ones you got and the ones I ended up with. I couldn't justify buying 3 sets of emblems, so I narrowed it down to the red 4.6, and the ones I eventually put on. I like yours just as much as mine. What made you pull the red ones?

·
Registered
48 Posts
What SmokinBullitt said...I would add that the hole on top is bigger than the hole on bottom, quite a bit bigger. If you do a search under fender emblems on this board you will come across pics somebody took of the holes exposed. Do you have a pic of the emblems you got? Maybe somebody here has already put them on and can give you peace of mind...

Gotta be some kind of record for replying to a post late. Just been that kind of year.

These are the emblems. I bought them off of eBay. The seller thought they were from a Torino GT, but I can't find them listed anywhere. They might be Dodge Dart. I don't care, I think they're retro and will fit the car. I'm finally working on them since the Bullitt was in an accident and needed fender work. I cut the old posts off with a Dremel and I've filled the back with epoxy. I'll post more pics in the mods section. I'm planning to paint them black except the center GT part.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the nickel city kid said:

Gotta be some kind of record for replying to a post late. Just been that kind of year.

These are the emblems. I bought them off of eBay. The seller thought they were from a Torino GT, but I can't find them listed anywhere. They might be Dodge Dart. I don't care, I think they're retro and will fit the car. I'm finally working on them since the Bullitt was in an accident and needed fender work. I cut the old posts off with a Dremel and I've filled the back with epoxy. I'll post more pics in the mods section. I'm planning to paint them black except the center GT part.

Looking forward to seeing them on the car. You must be anxious to get the B on the road....John R :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts