Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bullittheads!! I'm leaving from Vancouver, BC, Canada, to Los Angeles, CA, on Wednesday morning. I have to leave to get back to University, which is in L.A. This will be my first time driving the Bullitt Like this over a long distance...I've done it with my Old Prelude before. Any tips or pointers that you guys can give me?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
What are the bugs like in your neck of the woods? Take some bug remover with you and get rid of the bugs when/if you stop for the night. May want to spend some time every couple gas tankfuls and do the same thing if the bugs are especially plentiful....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Badkharma,

i have nothing mechanical to suggest but, on my summer vacation road trip. I brought along meguiares mist/wipe quick detailer, used it every day between washes to rid water spots, road dirt, bugs etc..

If you like your car looking good at all times, you'll be glad you brought it..

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys, I didn't know there was a product like that out there. The front bumper seems to have an uncanny ability to attract flying (and somehow non-flying) insects. :smile:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just made the trip from Montreal to Halifax and return. Everyone is right about the bugs.
But besides that the only thing I can recomend is to ENJOY it. The car runs great.
I had a blast, keeping the speed down to legal limits was a bit of a problem though.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
lets see....
wax the hell out of the front for the bug issues... bring bug stuff to wipe them off at pit stops maybe a radar detector, water, credit card for all the gas u will use sudden after bursts of speed, check all the fluids and air in tires.. and have at it

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't recommend anyone putting a bra on their car..... I had an auto body man tell me that dirt (and whatever) will get underneath and act like sandpaper on the finish. Ever wonder why the car manufacturers don't include them with the car? Now you know.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Boy, I hope he made to his destination. I know cruisin is fun in a Bullitt but steady cruisin could be expensive. Hahaha

·
Registered
257 Posts
Crusin can be expensive if you gat a heavy foot. I average close to 30 mpg while keeping it a a reasonable speed.
Forget the bra, I screwed the paint up really bad on my GN back in 87.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We are all in the same zone. 27 us equals about 32 can. and 25 us is about 30 can. Honestly I wouldn't mind getting a bit less mpg for the fun I have driving.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I agree, I bought the car more for the driving fun than out and out economy. I am willing to sacrifice a few MPG's any day for some fun, as long as the price of gas doesn't get to $10.00 US per gallon (about $4.15 Canadian per litre). (Geez, I hope I did the conversion right so I don't get darts thrown at me)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bulittt on 2001-11-13 14:16 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts