Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the previous owners of my bullitt were from texas so my car had never seen snow before. Well that all changed today. Knowing I would be driving it in the winter and needing new tires, I went with the goodyear f1 all season. First impressions = very impressed. Its quite strange going from a 300+hp fox body to a stock bullitt with traction control in the snow. But, getting back on track, the part that didn't go so well... I decided with all the salt that have been on the streets for the past week from the ice storm and the snow last night, I figured she needed a good wash and decided to try out a gas station just up the street that had an underbody spray. All went well until I started to make my way out of the wash. The bars/pit they have set up that catch your front tires, telling the machine when to start, were a little to high for the good ol mudflaps and decided to bust the whole back half off the drivers side. :mad: Guess its time for a little repair work. I may just stop by the local ford dealership and see what kind of deal I can get on some 03 cobra sides.

Bad way to start out the winter. Could have been worse though.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I cracked my right mudflap one day by accident.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
That's one reason why I won't lower mine any more than it came from the factory. Too scared to snap off those mudflaps!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it was kind of ironic because the night before last I had been on here looking at what people were running for lowering springs and saw alot about hitting their mudflaps on speed bumps and potholes even with stock ride height and i was thinking to myself "man, I have never hit my mudflaps on anything..."

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Lesson learned. Bullitts should be put to bed for the winter in a nice, cozy, warm dry place. Get a beater car for winter.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Lesson learned. Bullitts should be put to bed for the winter in a nice, cozy, warm dry place. Get a beater car for winter.

I SECOND THAT!!

Here's an example

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you must drive your Bullitt in winter, get some real winter tires. My Mach 1 is in my heated garage for the duration.

I don't even drive my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT in winter without the right tires. I have a set of Bridgestone LM25 Blizaks (H Speed rated 130 MPH) on a separate set of wheels.

All season tires are worthless on Mustangs in snow/ice.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
HamJo said:
May be a stupid question, but why is your car on jacks?
Currently it's not, I start the car monthly during the winter and roll it out into the driveway or take it for a spin on warmer days to allow it to reach full operating tempature. I believe that photo was taken in the winter of '05-'06 when I had it in the air installing the suspension upgrades. No matter what time of year it's rarely seen in the garage without a cover on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
that stinks. the 03 cobra sides are nice. was thinking about it for mine. the guy i bought my car from has some road rash from speed bumps i guess. i could just get them sanded and repainted i guess. probably cheaper.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Either all the above suggestions, or move here...
BULLITT weather 12 months a year...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, me being an idiot and not doing complete research on the topic just ordered the fwd part of the 03 cobra rocker panels, thinking they would match up with the rest of the side. Picked the parts up tonight and realized they didnt so i dont know what im going to do now. It will cost me another 200+/- to get the sides and wasnt really looking to spend that kind of cash now. Only problem is i cant return the pieces i have. so. . .

·
Registered
97 Posts
MisterBlack_3828 said:
well, me being an idiot and not doing complete research on the topic just ordered the fwd part of the 03 cobra rocker panels, thinking they would match up with the rest of the side. Picked the parts up tonight and realized they didnt so i dont know what im going to do now. It will cost me another 200+/- to get the sides and wasnt really looking to spend that kind of cash now. Only problem is i cant return the pieces i have. so. . .
eBay is your friend :p

Maybe someone will snatch them up from ya.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts