Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after only 9 days I got it at work today. A rear driver side, four door got me high on the passenger side, by the fake air intake for the rear wheel (If we had one). I knew it would happen but I guess I was hoping for something that touchup paint would fix, course that probably never looks perfect.
The dimple is a little less than a dime and into the paint but not into the primer.
The questions are,
<UL>
<LI>Is it worth putting it into the shop for one dent?</LI>
<LI>Should I wait for more, then fix them all?</LI>
<LI>I am guessing around $125, am I close?</LI>
<LI>Do they just fill and paint or do the dealers use any newer methods for repair?</LI>
<LI>Do they normally keep it for at least a day?</LI>
[/list]

I guess on the brighter side I actually have a car that I would consider fixing a door dent on.

That is what I keep telling myself, but deep down we all know that I am really pi##ed.

On the lighter side
<UL>
<LI>Will the reduced aerodynamics affect Gas mileage or 0 to 60 times?
<LI>Should I just put duct tape on it?
<LI>Is this a capital offense?
[/list]

MLC #388

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Scour your body shops for one that specializes in "Paintless dent repair"
They usually drill a small hole and insert a rod of some type then slowly rub the dent out from the inside. It works beautifully and only leaves a small hole that they'll plug afterward. The hole is usually on the underside or in the door jamb or trunk or someplace inconspicuous.
My neighbor just had his TA-GTA done. DuPont gave him a $15000 paint job and is sponsiring him as he shows his GTA all over. He had this paintless stuff done over his entire car before it went in for painting.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard a little about the paintless dent repair but mine is well into the paint. Are we saying have them remove the dent and then have someone else paint it?

If it was not into the paint then this would by far be the best option.
MLC #388

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I'd still have them look first.. Since this is usually done by a body shop they'll be able to paint afterwards if necessary. It does beat bondo or any traditional dent pullers.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts