Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. here we go with the good news and bad news. Give me some input!!!

I'll start...........

1. Beautiful car!
2. I wish it had an automatic option.
3. Black wheels........I'm not sure......

ARMY TC

·
Rob
360 Posts
I was unimpressed with the 08 when it came out, but now I own one and love it. My 68 is nearest and dearest to my heart, but I will have a 50th anniversary Bullitt, just not sure when. My impressions are all positive. I think deep down we all knew this was coming and based on what they did with the 08 I wasn't surprised by anything, except maybe the red Brembos. I think it is sleek and will carry on the Bullitt name in a great way. This will be the biggest memory I'll take from today..........Seeing the Original movie car after all these years. As Bullitt fans we have all been waiting for this moment. Ford did a great job keeping this a secret and I couldn't get rid of the goosebumps as I watched it.

I don't have a problem with the manual only tranny choice. I do wish the HP was bumped up a little and I'm not sure about the quad exhaust tips, but I still want one. Just trying to decide if I can be patient and get a low mile one in a couple of years or bite the "Bullitt" now and it be a one owner car. Depends on how many will be made. Today was a good day and as a Bullitt fan I'm very happy.

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
My impression? Ford seemed to follow the pattern. Made the Bullitt a bit more than a luxury GT, but also a bit below the fastest. It'll sell. Hell, I might even look at one once the dealers get past the "dealer price adjustment" stage.

I'd be a fool to do so though..lots of life left in my '09 with 27,000 on it's odo.

·
Premium Member
18,416 Posts
My impression? Ford seemed to follow the pattern. Made the Bullitt a bit more than a luxury GT, but also a bit below the fastest. It'll sell. Hell, I might even look at one once the dealers get past the "dealer price adjustment" stage.

I'd be a fool to do so though..lots of life left in my '09 with 27,000 on it's odo.
Keep your pesent ride. Buy another. Solves two nagging problems, selling the current Bullitt, or taking a beating on trade in. So, there is no depreciation. That doesn't happen till you sell it. And creates one, which one to take to the pool hall. Simple rule: It's raining, use the old beater 09. It isn't raining, drive the new ride.
:kiss:

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Seeing the original '68 was definitely a highlight. I think it's incredibly cool that they left it original. Looks like there will be a movie coming out about it at some point.

A couple of things of note:

1. It's a 2019. I suppose that will fit well with my '68 Cougar. One car is the right year and wrong car, the other will be right car and wrong year. I wish it would have been a 2018, but I'd much rather see a '19 than nothing at all.

2. Someone apparently talked with a Ford person on the stage and they said it won't be limited to a certain number of units. They'll build as many green and black ones as they can sell. They will be serialized, too.

3."At least" 475hp. A GT350 intake, open element air cleaner and tune.

4. Manual transmission only, along with a white shifter ball.

5. Three options - Electronics, Magneride and Recaros. I'll take the Magneride.

Overall I'm happy with what they did. Would I have changed a few details? Yes. Will it keep me from buying it? No. It seems like a worthy successor to the '01's and '08's.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2019 bullitt

Thanks for the input on the 2019 BULLITT (OOPS!!)

Hopefully, the Ford dealers will have ordering info soon. I already got e-mails from Ford this evening announcing the 2019 BULLITT.

My only gripe is that they may not be around until late Summer.............I'm not getting any younger.

We have a short cruise season in Pennsylvania.............put them away in early October. I went through this with my 2008, bought it in late August.............

I didn't buy a 2017 GT350 because of the black wheels..............

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

However, I do like the new BULLITT!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I have tried to make myself like the new body style, but just can't. The only one I would buy is the GT350, because I don't care if my track car is ugly.

I'm sure they will sell plenty! Looking forward to the influx of new Bullitt owners....

·
Registered
114 Posts
1. I am very happy it is actually back!
2. I'm good with not having an automatic as an option just like all the others.
3. I agree that the Bullitt badge on the rear is a little large, the less badging the better, the car will let you know who it is ;)
4. If I could have one I'd buy one tomorrow! Recaro seats and at least 475 horses.... makes the 275 in my 01 feel a little weak lol

Overall I am glad it is back and hope that the love for the Bullitt comes back!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
As a former '08 Bullitt owner & lover, I'm grossly underwhelmed. Perhaps in person it's more impressive. And the fact that Ford is waiting to '19 for its release makes zero sense to me, this in the 50th anniversary year of Bullitt.
Lee

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think they nailed it. Really I do.
If I had to nitpick, and I dont, id say loose the little lines in the headlights to give it more clear lense.

I love my 08, Frank, but its a damn good think I cant afford a brand new bullitt hahaha. It wouldn't take much convincing

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts