Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I was looking back at this old post when the new 2019 BULLITT was introduced. Has everyone stuck to their guns with the same comments?

I like the new BULLITT but my wife says she's not happy with the BLACK WHEELS..................

So now that the car has been out for over a year, other than the paint shop and a can of BULLITT GRAY wheel paint........are their any other options out there? I'm not crazy about the STEEDA wheel either!

Since my wife is half of the financial empire here..........I must keep her happy.............

ARMY TC

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
No change from me...I'd be a fool to trade in my 31,000 miles '09. If Wheels are all that's stopping you...well, nobody makes a 19 or 20 inch wheel that looks like the old torque thrust?

·
Administrator
6,156 Posts
ARMY TC,

I have had nothing but excitement in driving my 2019. While I would love to have the Torq Thrust look more closely done, I actually have grown quite fond of the stock wheels. Beyond that, Shelby offers a 20" version of the stock look. The bottom line is that I have made peace with them :)

Good luck in your potential future purchase!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks for the input.............

I guess I can get used to black wheels...........

Back when I was a teenager, it was "IN" if you took off the wheel covers and had a white wall with a black steel rim...........LOL!

So I guess one of these days I need to get serious, advertise my 2009, and if I can sell then.........I'll go BULLITT shopping.

ARMY TC

·
Registered
56 Posts
Even though I'm not a Bullitt fan (still haven't even seen the movie. Ha ha), or a retro/nostalgic guy at all, I have to say the wheels are not that bad. And same with the Bullitt cap at the rear, steering wheel, etc. I ended up with a Bullitt because it was the only fully-loaded PP1 GT I could find... and a lot cheaper. But I warmed up to the car, to the point I'm not changing anything; all the Bullitt crap it has, doesn't bother me anymore :).

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I hated the black wheels at first but they've grown on me. Still not my favorite aspect of the '19/20 version, tho. I think Ford screwed the pooch w/them & should've gone the way of the '08/09 wheel.

Of course, one could just get the OEM wheels powdercoated in the the anthracite gray, keeping the sliver lip & matching the '08/09 setup. Probably a much less expensive consideration than replacing the wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Forgot to say Ford really screwed up with the black version. Leaving the green stitching was really stupid IMO; looks like crap. Should have done it white, or just leave it black. With green stitching, it really looks like a bastard brother of the DHG. Ha ha. Rather than to have its own appeal. I was going to get a black one, but the green stitching was a deal breaker for me when I saw it. Fortunately, was able to find one last green nearby. Wasn't crazy about green, but when I saw it in person, I immediately liked it :D. It'll be my first and last green car ever, but it looks really cool. Prefer it over blue. Ha ha (no blue cars yet, and it's probably going to stay that way :)).

61 - 67 of 67 Posts