Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the Bullitt will be more collectible and valuable than the Mach 1 and the Boss and then all the next "special editions" after that? In the collector's world, the first of a series is always more valuable. :smile:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but Mustang Feature cars did not start with the Bullitt in 2001.

1966 - Mustang Sprint, light blue with red/white trim.

1972 - Another Mustang Sprint, similar coloring.

1991-1993 - Springtime feature Mustangs to keep up excitement in the Fox bodies while Ford readied the '94's. Remember the emerald green LX 5.0 convertibles with white tops, white leather, and GT turbine wheels. How about the yellow LX 5.0 convertibles with black top, black leather, and chrome pony wheels. Then the bright red LX 5.0 convertibles with white top, white leather, and white painted pony wheels.

1999 - Limited Edition 35th Anniversary GT's with the hood & side scoops, unique interior pieces, unique wheels, unique exterior pieces, etc. Black, white, silver, or performance red only. Only about 4600 or so built.

2000 - Springtime Feature GT, machined wheels, bold black stripes down the hood, '99 35th anniversary hood & side scoops, etc. Black, white, silver, performance red, and zinc yellow only. Only 3,901 made.

2001 - Bullitt GT, continuation of a fine tradition of providing Mustang enthusiasts with something special beyond the standard Mustang offerings.

2002 and beyond - Mach 1, Boss, Terminator, etc. Long live Lee Iacocca's dream of providing an affordable sporty car that can be optioned in a number of ways to individualize it for any number of people's tastes.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW Brian! Thanks for all the informative information! I just recently purchased the hard back book "Ultimate Mustang". I am sure I will learn a lot from that book!

BTW in the book, the Bullitt is featured on 3 different pages!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-08-02 09:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Long live Lee Iacocca's dream of providing an affordable sporty car that can be optioned in a number of ways to individualize it for any number of people's tastes.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Um... My Bullitt had 2 options.
Bullitt and Mach 460.

My wife got "Ultimate Mustang" for me a few days after I got the car. It's pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Yes but the dream was for the Mustang in general... How would you like it? V6 or V8?
Convertible or Hardtop? Manual or automatic? Cobra or GT.. (or Bullitt, or Mach 1, or Boss, or....). Would you like Leather or Cloth? Sunroofs? Radio options? I do believe that just a couple years ago there was something like 3000 different ways to configure your Mustang. They've changed that down to 100 or so with the new "Packages".
Pehaps you like your Mustangs more extrmeme? Then you can get factory warranty support for your Steeda, Saleen, Roush, or Shindoa (But I haven't heard much from them lately) if SVT can't get it done for you.
Mustangs can be had from $17k all the way up to $60k for a brand new car. The choices are there, just like they've always been.
It's one of the reasons this car is a real American icon and will press on through the ages.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Blakwing,

Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for articulating it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts