Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've never had a muscle or performance car before and finally got to over 1K miles on the Bullitt so the engine is broke in and I kinda live in the stix and the 20 acres across from me is being developed and they finally put in a brand spankin new road right in front of my house a couple of months ago (which took over a year and was a total pain in the you know what) and nobody was workin up there today and nobody was around so I decided to try and launch the bullitt today.

Luckily there are so many smart people here and I've read all the other threads from people asking I felt like I pretty much knew what to do. Traction control off, rev up to 3500 and let er rip. First one was ok so I looped back around to try again. Second one I got some serious rubber squeal and shot off like a cannon. Windows open and engine roaring I got up to 6,000 and went to 2nd and was on my way but by then I was at the house and rapidly running out of room so I cut it off. Man what a rush !:cool:

Guess I gotta get to a track now and see what I can do. This really is a FUN car!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
hickdaddy71 said:
So I've never had a muscle or performance car before and finally got to over 1K miles on the Bullitt so the engine is broke in and I kinda live in the stix and the 20 acres across from me is being developed and they finally put in a brand spankin new road right in front of my house a couple of months ago (which took over a year and was a total pain in the you know what) and nobody was workin up there today and nobody was around so I decided to try and launch the bullitt today.

Luckily there are so many smart people here and I've read all the other threads from people asking I felt like I pretty much knew what to do. Traction control off, rev up to 3500 and let er rip. First one was ok so I looped back around to try again. Second one I got some serious rubber squeal and shot off like a cannon. Windows open and engine roaring I got up to 6,000 and went to 2nd and was on my way but by then I was at the house and rapidly running out of room so I cut it off. Man what a rush !:cool:

Guess I gotta get to a track now and see what I can do. This really is a FUN car!!
Nate,

Talk about having FUN with the Bullitt :clap: :clap: :clap:

Terry

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
badasbullitt said:
I'll say.Damn I'm jealous.I have got to find a place to do that!
Don't be too jealous, we had to put up with over a year of construction, mud, road base. The road just recently got done. As soon as they are finished I'm sure people will be buying up the lots and there will 20 houses across the street from me.:cry: Lets just say I'm taking advantage of the situation for as long as it lasts.

Also, forgot to mention got some great chirping from the tires when I shifted into 2nd. :cool:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Traction control off, rev up to 3500 and let er rip. First one was ok so I looped back around to try again. Second one I got some serious rubber squeal and shot off like a cannon. Windows open and engine roaring I got up to 6,000 and went to 2nd and was on my way
Sounds like my usual drive into work. lol NOW your really a 'Bullitthead"!:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I did a 3k dump and it was insane! I had 1500 miles on her.
OMG I couldn't evan imagine what a 3.5k dump would be like.
We are surely living a dream:)

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Did you have the TCS off? I showed you what a 3k dump would do and I also hit the rev limiter !

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Black Pony, did have the TCS off. I have read from most on here that if you launch with it on you run the risk of putting your head in the steering wheel. Nice tire marks. :) Our new road is a blacktop, not asphalt. So no marks for me :( Thats ok, theres no evidence ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nate, that was an incredibly AWESOME read!!! :cool: :cool: Can only imagine the absolute RUSH you got outta that!!!
Made it feel like, we were right there in your Bullitt with ya & geez, even made my palms get sweaty! Thanks for sharing your story! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Shortly after getting #0852, my wife and myself dropped my daughter off at a friends house. Her father came out to check out the Bullitt (he is a car person and is restoring a 70 Torino). Started it up and he loved the sound. As I backed out of his driveway, I quitely turned off TCS without my wife noticing. I pulled off easy and then NAILED IT. Quickly pulled second gear and the fun started. I could see the two black lines in the road and associated tire smoke. My wife's response was "what happened" followed by "I smell tire smoke". No matter how much she fussed my grin kept getting bigger and bigger. The more we drive the car the more we love it. My wife is also getting used to the fact the car seems to draw crowds of people when parked in public, especially at resturants.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Living a DREAM Jack!!!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
While I do not have any finger marks on the dash, I still have the burises on my right shoulder and arm but it was worth it. :wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
LMAO!! She was in a Full-Blown Panic, huh?!? :lol: One minute, all is calm & right with her world...the next, all "H-e-Double-Hockeysticks" breaks out!!
You're lucky, that's all the injuries, you received for scaring the bejabbers outta her!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny story!

·
Registered
270 Posts
HorseWhisperer said:
Bless her heart!!! :eek: How long, did it take you, to pry her tight grip, off the dashboard?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like looking at their face when going from 2 to 3. :shock: :badgrin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.