Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many people here have never owned a Mustang prior to the Bullitt.

I for one have ALMOST bought two, a '73 Mach 1 Convertible, and an '85 GT. My wife, who was at the time my girlfriend, had a '95 Mustang.

I sure did make that first one count. :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
1st Mustang for us. Christine has always wanted an older Mustang and me the newer one...so we both win with the Bullitt!

·
Registered
243 Posts
First one for me.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
First for me, there is alos a poll in the voting booth on how many stangs people have owned.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-12-20 09:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
My 1st Mustang, 1st 'Murcan car, 1st V8, 1st black car and 1st with leather seats!

My 1st rear driver is my MGB and my 1st American made car was a VW GTi 16v.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is my first Mustang and definately my favorite car of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Black Bullitt is my first Mustang. I had considered the Saleen S281, but the cost just couldn't be justified. So, my purchase was very wise considering the "bang for the buck". I'm extremely pleased. I just love driving this limited-edition GT. I can't keep my foot out of it, and 55-65mph seems like a walk in the park. High speed cruising is where the Bullitt truly shines...#4813 rollin, rollin, rollin.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My first Mustang was a 1983 GT hatcback bought brand new. Due to financial setbacks, I had to give it up the following year. It seemed like a terrible loss at the time. But it's replacement was a POS 65 coupe. It turned out to be a good thing when my hubby, Mike, started tinkering and eventually restored that pony to a beautiful piece of art.
Since then more than 70 stangs have passed through our family. My son has kept up an ongoing list. Presently, 14 loved ponies occupy our stable. We love them all, "FRANK" Bullitt is among great company.

Joyce

·
Registered
78 Posts
My third Mustang. Had a '68 back in the mid-70's. Then had a '99 6 cyl which I traded in for the Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
My first Mustang was the '73 Grande.
Wasn't much to look at, but it's what hooked me...it had a 351C.
Lost that in the divorce.
Finally found a suitable replacement: the 1969 Mach 1, with a 351W.
Bought a '67 to drive while restoring the Mach, but my son totalled it earlier this year. :cry: :cry:
Bought my husband a twin '69 Mach 1, which needs restoration...runs good though!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This is my second. I had a '98 GT which was my first new car. I absolutely loved it. I literally cried when I had to sell it back to the dealer because finances had turned sour. It was Atlantic Blue metallic with, what I was told was called, the Mach Package. A big black stripe that came up over the hood and wrapped down on the sides. Had Cobra styled wheels and steeper gears too. I always told myself I'd replace that car when things got better. Boy I sure did. In a BIG way!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-20 10:22, kfengler wrote:
I had a Scirocco, 16V, nice little car... :smile:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Karl- going off topic.
My 16v GTi was like a mini-Bullitt: Factory hotrod, hot engine and an exhaust that gurgled like it was aftermarket.

·
Registered
835 Posts
1st Mustang was a 1983 5.0 GT Convertible.

Bullitt is No.2.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Funny you should ask. My first Mustang I bought my daughter in June of 2001. A black 2000 6 cyl convertible with chrome wheels. Real nice low milage (12,000 miles) used car. Then my friend who sells me all my cars lets me know in August that they have 1 Bullitt Mustang that someone ordered available 'cause he backed out of the deal. Well I had to have it and I've never regretted it. I'll be glad when my leased vehicle is turned in next April 'cause I'm a bit top heavy on car payments now. The convertible's a neat car. Feels completely different than the Bullitt. More like a real sports car with the top down. Every weekend last summer I was driving it and my daughter told me to get my own Mustang - so I took her advice.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts