Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Are the GT's off or just made darker?? I like the pinstripe on it actually. Just enough to get your attention (As if you need it driving a Bullitt!!) but not gawdy. Cool
Cam

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I see the GT emblems on it, but I think it's just the way the lighting is spread over the car. The same with the 'pinstripe', looks like a beam refracting off of a point on the car. Great pics though...especially that second one!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Actually, I guess they are pinstripes! On the first pic, it looks like light, but on the second, it definitely isn't light. That looks cool! A first, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
One more comment: You have a chromed ring around your pony in the front!! That's not a standard Bullitt grill...unless you put it on, which is cool.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hmm, it seems like a tough call. Now I see it though, on the right it seems dimmed. That would be an odd photo for sure...sure looks like the standard GT chrome ring. Now that you mention it, it does look like the light. Arg, my eyes are going nuts on these 2 pictures. :lol:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
The chrome corral could be a factory boo-boo like !NastyFord's 169 had! Or it could be the lighting on it to make it look chrome?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello everyone,
To answer all questions.

No, it's the light that makes it look as a chrome rim around the grill and yes, that is a pinstripe. It came from factory like that. I had asked if it was a dealer add on, but the manager told me he got the Bullitt as is. I think it kind of gives it a more retro look. I don't knoe I'm torn between taking it off or leaving it on. Since, the pinstripe is silver it matches the rims and it kind of makes your eye follow the natural lines of the car. What do you guys think. Leave it on or off?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I like to hear the opions of my BULLITT brothers and sister, if you don't mind... It's not like I'm gonna go peal off the pinstripe just because, but I rather hear the opion of the group.

Thats is, if you have one!

·
Registered
821 Posts
OK, I don't like it either!!! Get rid of it!!

heehee But I'm serious, I think it looks awful. Poor Bullitt.....

:smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
It came from factory like that? Well, anotherfactory mess up.....:roll:

Don't think I like it, but pictures sometimes don't do justice.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Back when I worked for the Chevy Dealership, none of the pin stripes came from the factory excpet for a few custom painted on vehicales. A pin striper made the rounds to all the dealerships and put the stripes on because the owners thought they would sell better.

Just wanted to pass that one.

Bud

Bud's Bullit #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-02 23:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
285 Posts
Probably dealer add-on. I'd lose it before the glue affects the paintwork. :smile:

Nice dramatic camera angle and the 2nd pic, BTW.

Scott D.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts