Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
shortymustang<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1949769", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "Frank"

Man Nice Pics ..............

One can Never-Ever see enough Bullitt Mustang Pics :smile: :smile: :smile:

Welcome to IMBOC !!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
346 Posts
Frank,
I remember my first day, it was the coolest ride home from the car dealer ever. Whenever I go into my garage and get in the Bullitt I can't wait to get on the rode and drive hard.

I know Terry will agree, do the Brenspeed tuner ASAP and hold onto the wheel. The car is scary fun with it tuned at 93.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
lancorecorder said:
Frank,
I remember my first day, it was the coolest ride home from the car dealer ever. Whenever I go into my garage and get in the Bullitt I can't wait to get on the rode and drive hard.

I know Terry will agree, do the Brenspeed tuner ASAP and hold onto the wheel. The car is scary fun with it tuned at 93.
Steve,

When you Right your Right :smile: :smile: :smile:

BRENSPEED Custom Tune & Steeda Underdrive Pulleys on SELL-NOW 10% Discount :clap:

BRENSPEED is giving 10% as Appreciation

Discount to IMBOC Members on

"Steeda Underdrive Pulleys"

From Now Thru the Month of May

for the

2001 Bullitt & 2008/2009 Mustangs.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169902

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lancorecorder said:
Frank,

Think I'll due the SCT X3 first then maybe some magnaflows later on. Quick question though regarding a tuner, found this on another site, what does it mean exactly?

"One thing I would recommend for anyone getting a mail order tune if you have had your car serviced by Ford check and make sure they didn't upgrade the computer before you load the new tune." Find out what the strategy code should be for your computer code and read it from the tuner to check that it's the same before you do anything else.

If you load a tune file with the wrong strategy the computer is locked up and you will have to tow the car to Ford.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
shortymustang said:
Think I'll due the SCT X3 first then maybe some magnaflows later on. Quick question though regarding a tuner, found this on another site, what does it mean exactly?

"One thing I would recommend for anyone getting a mail order tune if you have had your car serviced by Ford check and make sure they didn't upgrade the computer before you load the new tune." Find out what the strategy code should be for your computer code and read it from the tuner to check that it's the same before you do anything else.

If you load a tune file with the wrong strategy the computer is locked up and you will have to tow the car to Ford.
Frank,

I have Never heard of any Member having any problem with a BRENSPEED Tune

Locking up their Computer to where the Bullitt Mustang had to be Towed to a

Ford Dealer !!!!!!!!!!!

Give "Seth" a call tomorrow and tell "Seth" tigerhinaker told you to call him.

Ask any Questions you want as He will tell you the Complete-Truth !!!!!!!

Terry

·
Registered
627 Posts
shortymustang said:
...Quick question though regarding a tuner, found this on another site, what does it mean exactly?

I think this means, if you tell the supplier of your tuner the wrong strategy code for your cars computer, you'll have a problem. There apparently have been cases where the Ford dealer had at some time flash updated the computer, without replacing the little code sticker on top of the computer... You need to read the strategy code directly from the SCT tuner, before loading your new custom tune, just in case it's different from what the little sticker reads. The code on my Bullitt's computer reads VBV1 on the sticker. I'm assuming that's what it still is, as my car refuses to return to dealer it came from...:rolleyes: No chance of them re-flashing it since it first came home, but who knows what they'd done since they received it from Ford. Best to check actual code with the new tuner, before loading tunes.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
oldlugs said:
I think this means, if you tell the supplier of your tuner the wrong strategy code for your cars computer, you'll have a problem. There apparently have been cases where the Ford dealer had at some time flash updated the computer, without replacing the little code sticker on top of the computer... You need to read the strategy code directly from the SCT tuner, before loading your new custom tune, just in case it's different from what the little sticker reads. The code on my Bullitt's computer reads VBV1 on the sticker. I'm assuming that's what it still is, as my car refuses to return to dealer it came from...:rolleyes: No chance of them re-flashing it since it first came home, but who knows what they'd done since they received it from Ford. Best to check actual code with the new tuner, before loading tunes.
Makes perfect sense .........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congrats Frank! Welcome to da club...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ahhhh. . . nothing like the feeling of owning a new Bullitt!!!! Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oldlugs said:
Thanks for clarifying that, makes sense. Seen some VBV1 and VBV6 codes, VBV6 must be an update?

·
Registered
495 Posts
VBV1 is the tear tag number, these numbers never change. The PCM part number defines the calibration level or strategy that is loaded. The tear tag is a reference word that is used to find the latest calibration. The PCM part number has to be electronically read from the PCM. When you tell the tuner you have a VBV1 tear tag they can look up what strategy to send you. If you tell them the wrong tear tag then you would probably have a problem depending on what strategy you put into what vehicle.

So VBV1 would be the root and from there PCM part# for example would be 12A650-XXX1,12A650-XXX2,12A650-XXX3,12A650-XXX4 and so on as there are changes made to the calibration.

Once a guy at work flashed an automatic Mustang GT with a manual transmission tune. The brake shift interlock would not function and they couldn't get it out of park without the manual override.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave and Julie said:
VBV1 is the tear tag number, these numbers never change. The PCM part number defines the calibration level or strategy that is loaded. The tear tag is a reference word that is used to find the latest calibration. The PCM part number has to be electronically read from the PCM. When you tell the tuner you have a VBV1 tear tag they can look up what strategy to send you. If you tell them the wrong tear tag then you would probably have a problem depending on what strategy you put into what vehicle.

So VBV1 would be the root and from there PCM part# for example would be 12A650-XXX1,12A650-XXX2,12A650-XXX3,12A650-XXX4 and so on as there are changes made to the calibration.

Once a guy at work flashed an automatic Mustang GT with a manual transmission tune. The brake shift interlock would not function and they couldn't get it out of park without the manual override.
So it would a good idea to read it off of the tuner to make sure it matches before loading the custom tune.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Great pics, congrats and thanks for sharing.
ENJOY!! :clap:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts