Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is carfixer. I haven’t had a fun car in 1 year. I’m a caraholic and I admit it... I’ve been through all 12 steps and I’ve decided I don’t wanna quit 🙂.

I’m not the kind a guy that likes to buy ordinary cars... I’ve had 2 Mach1s, 2 Marauders (still have 1), a 12 Boss302 and a 14 GT500. For the last year, I’ve been without a fun car which is way too long. I started thinking about a 2018 and up Mustang GT but I don’t wanna drive what everyone else has. During my research, I came across the 19/20 Bullitt. Within a couple of days, I knew that’s what I wanted. Now the search begins... looked online at quite a few used 19s and started conversations with a few dealers. They were all under 10k miles and resale on them was pretty high.

To my surprise, there are quite a few “leftover” 2019s on the lots out there for used car prices. My perfect car would have magnaride and the electronics package. I prefer the A/C seats but Recaros are not a deal breaker. Found a leftover 2019 in Key West with all 3 options. After a little bit of negotiation, we made a deal that I’m happy with. My wife and I took the ferry boat (Key West Express) from Fort Myers Beach to Key West (4 hour boat ride). Salesman picked us up at the dock and that’s when we rescued K6804 from Key West. If you’ve been to Key West, you’ll know there isn’t a speed limit over 40 on the island. No surprise it was still there. We then drove the almost 6 hours ride home to Fort Myers. Pretty cool buying experience. For the record, my wife was into it too.

I had the windows tinted on day 2 and put 500 miles on it already. I am in love with this car. I had Recaros in my Boss and GT500 and they fit me well, these fit the same so no complaints at this point...

Anyway, I drive my cars. This will see 15k per year and likely get supercharged before it hits 5k miles.

A little about me... I’ve worked at car dealerships my entire life. 20 as a Ford Master Technician and the last 15 years as a service manager for a couple of brands. I work a lot and having a kick ass car is my release. I plan to be an active member and look forward to meeting some of you.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Welcome! I’m glad you like your Bullitt - indeed they are beautiful cars.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Awesome score - glad you found a sweet ride. Post up some pics when you can...congrats & welcome!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
A great heartwarming story, start of a wonderful Bullitt experience. And how totally unique Florida Man, taking a ferry to rescue a Mustang Bullitt stranded in the corral on a small island, with no where to run...
Now K6804 is going to get really DRIVEN on the mainland!
Congratulations on your rescue effort.
Bullittheads are a very friendly group and there are a bunch of us in FL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the warm welcome!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the family :). Hey, may I pick your brains a little??? I want a car tech input on this: Do you also feel there's too much effort to open the hood on our cars? I'm afraid something might snap sooner or later. I open the hood of my car after every use in summer, which means about 3 times a week (I work from home). Tried lubing the latch, to little effect. Next is lubing the cable, but my concern is the plastic lever breaking, or the puny cable. The culprit is a super stiff spring IMO, but there's no fix I can think of. Hope you have some input on that :). Thank you.

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
Hi, CARFIXER!

Hope your new Bullitt gives you a fix :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts