Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brushed up against something pulling into the garage and scracthed the right rear quarter. Not to bad but it still hurts to look at. Anyone know of a something that will make it less noticable? thanks....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,052 Posts
Our "first scratch" was so bad that we had to have the trunk repainted! Hubby uses either Mothers or Maguires Swirl Remover on scratches and works very well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
some old guy parked next to me in my apartment parking lot, and took 1/8th of an inch of paint off my passenger door when he threw his door open. Chipped it right off. Touch-up paint has made it less obvious, but it looks terrible close up. d'oh!

At least he didn't dent it, i guess.

·
Registered
543 Posts
br4727, if the scratch is white that means it didn't go through the clear coat. Go to a body shop and have them buff and polish the panel for you to get it out. Should only cost you about $35. To repaint the panel is about $250.

John

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-04 19:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
410 Posts
The neighbors Cat got mine ,the first night I brought her home.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Dealership got mine. They were replacing the crooked BULLITT logo and later I noticed a small scratch under the logo that wasn't there before. Problem is that I didn't notice it until my wife pointed it out a couple of days later. DOH! I think it can be buffed out though?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had mine at the dealership for a repaint on the hood do to the fact that i had a grey primer spot about 2 in by 3 in. they repainted it and left about 4 nice long scratches on it. i cought it and they have to do a 100% repaint on it. needless to say they are not the ones that are doing it but ford is paying for its makeover

1 - 10 of 10 Posts