Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody dude here. I finally registered on the forums, though Ive been reading posts on here for over a year. I was going to buy a Bullitt awhile ago but it was too expensive for me so I got an 02 gt. Well my gt got totaled in a 4 car collision so Im looking for a new mustang and I stumbled upon this Bullitt on Autotrader. I will provide the link to the ad as well as the Autocheck report. If you guys could check out the ad and the report and give me your input about it, if it is a good buy or not. The Bullitt has 110,000 miles on her already which worries me. I went and checked it out and test drove it. The exterior has its fair share of scratches, but kind of expected for an 01. overall I would rank the paint a 7.5 out of 10. Everything on the car looks to be stock. I tried to locate the holgram sticker on the driver shock tower and succeeded, but upon examining the sticker it appears it has faded to much to correctly identify the number so I cant post it. I know there is a second sticker under the back seat but was limited on time so I was unable to get the number from there. Interior was on par. There is some wear and tear on driver side seat(expected tho for 01 and my 02 gt leather was no better. lol my fault) anyway the car drove well. No noticeable problems while driving it, save for the tr 3650 acting up( it was what I expected tho knowing all the problems with the 3650. It took a couple tries to get it to go into first and I was only able to take it into 3rd because I was in the city, so I don't know bout 4th and 5th gear.)Some things in the autocheck report that trouble me are the (fleet/rental/lease use,the car has been reposesed, Storm area registration/title record(s) could have possible been damaged during huricane, loan, lien records, emission troubles tho looks like last time it was checked it passed. I dont know if any of this really effects the car. let me know your opinion on the car and autocheck items.ok thats all heres the links below:

Autotrader link http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=36&standard=false

Autocheck report:

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt / GTReport Run Date: 2009-04-24 18:51:14.935 EDT
VIN: 1FAFP42X61F238110
Year : 2001
Make : Ford
Model: Mustang Bullitt / GT
Style/Body: Coupe 2D
Class: Sport Car - Touring
Engine: 4.6L V8 EFI
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 8 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 2
Last Reported
Odometer Reading: 110,119

This AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history, letting you compare vehicles with ease.

About this vehicle's AutoCheck Score

This vehicle qualifies for Buyback Protection
Safeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection, which reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.

About Buyback Protection

Section summaries
The vehicle identification number you submitted has been analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below.

Title and ProblemCheck: Your vehicle checks out!
OdometerCheck: Your vehicle checks out!
Vehicle Use and EventCheck: Specific vehicle use(s) or events reported
Full History: Detailed information available

Title and ProblemCheck
Your vehicle checks out! AutoCheck's database for this 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt / GT (1FAFP42X61F238110) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems.

0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title record
No junk or scrapped title record
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
No odometer problem title record
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame damage record
No recycling facility record

OdometerCheck
Your vehicle checks out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt / GT (1FAFP42X61F238110) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.

0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
56 10/02/2001
37,730 09/03/2003
54,641 10/02/2004
64,407 07/08/2005
64,407 07/14/2005
64,901 09/06/2005
67,092 10/22/2005
99,099 01/03/2008
99,155 01/07/2008
109,863 03/17/2009
110,119 04/07/2009

Vehicle Use and EventCheck
Information Reported! AutoCheck shows additional information reported to AutoCheck about how this 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt / GT (1FAFP42X61F238110)has been used and other events. This includes reported accidents and corrected or duplicate titles and storm area registrations.

1 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
Fleet, rental and/or lease use record(s)
No taxi use record
No police use record
No government use record
No livery use record
No driver education record

4 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
No accident record reported through state agencies or independent sources
No corrected title record
No duplicate title record
Emission/safety inspection record(s)
Loan/Lien record(s)
No fire damage incident record
Repossessed record(s)
No theft record
Storm area registration/title record(s)

Full History
Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date: 2009-04-24 18:51:14.935 EDT

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt / GT (1FAFP42X61F238110)

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
06/19/2001 TX Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER
09/11/2001 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/02/2001 HOUSTON, TX 56 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:10131237151095701)
09/01/2002 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/01/2003 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/03/2003 HOUSTON, TX 37,730 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
09/01/2004 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/02/2004 HOUSTON, TX 54,641 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
07/08/2005 TX 64,407 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
07/14/2005 TX 64,407 Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE
08/24/2005 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/06/2005 HOUSTON, TX 64,901 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:10137038586145405)
REPOSSESSED
10/22/2005 HOUSTON, TX 67,092 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
09/01/2006 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/01/2007 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
01/03/2008 HOUSTON, TX 99,099 State Agency FAILED EMISSION INSPECTION
FAILED SAFETY INSPECTION
01/07/2008 HOUSTON, TX 99,155 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION
09/01/2008 HOUSTON, TX Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
03/17/2009 TX 109,863 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
04/07/2009 HOUSTON, TX 110,119 Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY

This Vehicle's Glossary
Below are the specific definitions for events that appear in this vehicle's report.
More information is available in the full AutoCheck glossary.

Term Section Location Definition

Loan/Lien Vehicle Use and EventCheck A loan/lien is the legal right to take and hold or sell the vehicle of a debtor as security or payment for a debt. Normally, a vehicle will have a lien due to a loan or unpaid repair bill against the vehicle.

Emission/Safety Inspection Vehicle Use and EventCheck An approved emission testing station has inspected the vehicle to measure the amount of pollutants the vehicle emits into the environment.

Storm Area Registration/Title Vehicle Use and EventCheck Storm registration/title refers to information reported to us that a vehicle was registered or titled prior to the storm event in FEMA designated storm damaged area. Storm events can include hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters. While a vehicle may have been reported as titled or registered in an affected area, it may not have been damaged by the storm, or it may have been moved to safety during the storm. We recommend a thorough professional inspection of the vehicle to confirm no storm damage.

Repossessed Vehicle Use and EventCheck The creditors or lessors have invoked legal authority to seize the vehicle due to default on a loan or lease.

Fleet, Rental and/or Lease Use Vehicle Use and EventCheck The vehicle has been reported as used as a fleet, rental and/or lease vehicle.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
While the car doesn't look too bad, I personally think that it is way overpriced. Nearly 2 years ago, I only payed $13,500 for mine with only 13,700 on the clock and it was pretty much pristine. Plus, that car is black. Everyone knows the only "real" Bullitts are DHG. :lol: Just kidding.

I know what it's like to want something really bad, but my advice is to be patient and keep looking.

·
Registered
194 Posts
110,000 miles is a bit for a 10,000 dollar car. If it was me I would probably hold off. I agree with Jeff, when you patient something better usually comes around. Even if it means traveling a bit to get to it. 1 day outa the way is worth years of driving that one perfect car.

O and check under the rear driver side seat if u wanna know the number. :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Don't do it. There are low mileage Bullitts out there in great shape for a couple of thousand more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that it is way overpriced for that mileage. Thing is though I only have the money I got back from my insurance from my gt to use to get another car. If I was to make an offer on this car I would probably offer them 7,500 or 8,000. What would you guys offer? I am fully aware there are other bullitts out there with lower mileage but will be probably more than I'm able to spend and farther than im willing to travel. Oh and any input as to the stuff reported in the autocheck? I will of course have my personal mechanic check it out first before If i decide to make an offer. This dealer got this car from a government auto auction so they probably didn't pay more than 5,000 at the auction for it.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
You should've come out to our Bullitt GTG today at Pappa's. You could've driven mine home for that price. I would've walked home or called a cab. :lol:

Seriously, that price is high. I take it you're not wanting to finance any of the purchase? Not a bad idea. Are you in a hurry to get into another ride?

I would definitely inspect the car thoroughly. The part about it being in a hurricane area is probably a non-issue since we had Ike last year. Check it though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't say that I'm in a hurry. the accident happened close to a month ago so I've been driving a rental around. I wont be financing any of it, cash only. I would really like a bullitt though.I have wanted one for a while and don't want another gt. I would have the car fully inspected for any water damage or anything. Is it going to be an issue buying that car with over 100,000 miles on it? I know guys on here have bullitts with the same mileage or more and haven't had much problems. Are there anything in specific I should check on the car,or know problems bullitts have before if I buy it?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Way Too High ... Stop!!!

That price is WAY TOO HIGH for that car ... I'd offer 1/2 that at best (seriously). Wait, be patient, pay close attention to how many responders to your question are telling you the same thing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My top-dollar offer: Maybe $5,000.00 (including TT&L). :surprised

Shop around ... LOTS of them on E-bay right now. Wait a little longer and some more will be available, I'm sure. Later, you'll be glad you did. If you can't find the 2001 BULLITT you want, there is always the 2003-2004 MACH I cars that will also be coming out of the closet/garage here soon. They are nice rides also. :dhg01: :badgrin:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I watched and waited for almost 2 years before I found my Bullitt.
I'd keep looking based on your data so far.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
DudeStevens said:
I wouldn't say that I'm in a hurry. the accident happened close to a month ago so I've been driving a rental around. I wont be financing any of it, cash only. I would really like a bullitt though.I have wanted one for a while and don't want another gt. I would have the car fully inspected for any water damage or anything. Is it going to be an issue buying that car with over 100,000 miles on it? I know guys on here have bullitts with the same mileage or more and haven't had much problems. Are there anything in specific I should check on the car,or know problems bullitts have before if I buy it?
You have a PM. Give me a call tomorrow. Leave a message if I don't answer.

Tomorrow is full of meetings. Just like the rest of the week. :eek:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Cost way to much for have that high of miles. listen to everyone else on here, take your time and get the car you really want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
another spot to watch is CarMax...I found mine there....had less mileage then the one you are looking at and was cheaper...They have a 2008 listed now in GA...

Rich

·
Registered
162 Posts
A word of advice about those guys at Car-to-go. They buy all their cars at auctions. I was looking at an '01GT a few years back, they overfilled the oil to cover something broken in the left head. I don't know, but i wouldn't buy anything from them. Don't rush, take your time. Don't settle.:dhg01:

·
Registered
163 Posts
What's your geographic range for travelling? I'm considering selling my 01, so that I can upgrade to a Cobra. I'm in VA, so I don't know if that's too far to consider?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ mysterio,

Well I dont really have a distance that ive said I wont go. I fly for free, so traveling is not a big obstacle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts