Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my first ticket a week ago saturday...my wife had a baby bullitthead the 27th of june, an i had been cramped in the house for a week.When we ran out of formula,i jumped at the chance to dig the bullitt out an take it to the store,alone for the first time in a while.Just wanted to hear the engine a little an didnt notice i was going 64 in a 35 less than a half mile from my house.The cop didnt even want to hear my story.The ticket was for 64 mph but the radar said 63.Oh well ,probly wont be the first.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Am I missing something? How does a cop write you a ticket for a higher speed than the radar indicates. If the radar is inaccurate then how do they know you weren't going slower than indicated?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,040 Posts
I was wondering who the first Bullitthead would be to get the first speeding ticket! Or has anyone else gotten one and is not copping to it? :wink: Hubby and I still have a standing bet on who gets the first one! Probably me cause he uses the radar detector more than I do! :bullitt:

I've been pulled over before in my 69 but never gotten a ticket "YET"!!!!! knock on wood. (Now let's see....where's there some wood around here)....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have to admit that I am probably the first to get a speeding ticket with a bullitt. I had the car 3 days and and was clocked going 55 in a 35 on my way home from work. The cop was pretty cool about it but still wrote me a ticket. He said that I should plead not guilty and he would work with me so I don't get any points on my license. He said he would work with me becuase he suspects that this wont be the last time I get pulled over by a cop. He said the car sounded mean as it went by him.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hey Bullitt 2075, you didn't happen to be on Ridge Pike near Norristown when you got that ticket? Sounds exactly like what happened to me with my old 98 GT.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nope, I got my ticket in Abington Twp. in Montgomery County.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-16 00:56, TwoStangWmn wrote:
I was wondering who the first Bullitthead would be to get the first speeding ticket! Or has anyone else gotten one and is not copping to it? :wink: Hubby and I still have a standing bet on who gets the first one! Probably me cause he uses the radar detector more than I do! :bullitt:

I've been pulled over before in my 69 but never gotten a ticket "YET"!!!!! knock on wood. (Now let's see....where's there some wood around here)....
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Vicki, They say the older we get the HARDER it is to find WOOD..... :-B

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Let's see I got a speeding ticket once,back in 1971,driving my 1966 modified VW bug. Haven't had one since then even after owning all kinds of musclecars! Of course,I had some great stop light races with them. However I now find myself going a bit faster in this Bullitt everytime I take it out. I had better watch out!! Coming home Sat. night from a big cruise area,I was on a wide open 4 lane highway,speed limit 65,and was the only one on the south bound lanes for several miles! Had a quick thought of letting it rock one time,but wouldn't you know,I passed a state cop hidding in the median,lights out! Well that thought passed very quickly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts