Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with flat screen TVs (plasma/lcd) what type of mount did you use to put it on the wall? That is, if you put yours on the wall. I'm putting mine on the wall but can't decide what mount to get. There are so many to choose from and there doesn't seem to be much that sets them apart. I'd like to have one that tilts.

Oh, it's for a 52" tv.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
rangerdoc said:
For those of you with flat screen TVs (plasma/lcd) what type of mount did you use to put it on the wall? That is, if you put yours on the wall. I'm putting mine on the wall but can't decide what mount to get. There are so many to choose from and there doesn't seem to be much that sets them apart. I'd like to have one that tilts.

Oh, it's for a 52" tv.
Check Costco online.. search for TV mounts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Make sure you get one of the nicer ones that can angle up/down and left/right. It comes in handy. :)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Falt panel? I don't have one yet. I'm waiting for after Turkey day. Supposedly there are new sets in the pipeline with new and additional features coming out this fall. Also, they will be just in time for the Christmas sales.

Also, I intend to get a stand/table built with the attached partition for mount to hold the TV so that it can be moved to another location in the room, or another room for that matter. I'll get one that is 55" wide or better as some of the larger screens are to be priced in the same $ range as the 42" TVs are now.:cool:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I have a a 42" EDTV Plasma (mounted; daily viewing) and a 62" LCD HDTV rear projection and is free-standing (Blue-ray viewing only) on its own glass table.

If your flat screen TV is VESA compliant, make sure the wall mount is also VESA compliant. This assures you are pairing up the tv and the mount correctly. An exceptonal wall mount will have an articulating arm that allows the tv to sit flat against the wall when not in use, and allows the TV to pulled away from the wall and tilted left-right, and up/down to meet any viewing angle.

Suggestion: buy a wall-mount that can support 20+ lbs more than the TV weighs. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Check out monoprice.com for some great prices on wall mounts, HDMI cables and other stuff.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
Check out monoprice.com for some great prices on wall mounts, HDMI cables and other stuff.
Excellent advice Brad.

I got 3 HDMI cables for $20.00 from Monoprice.com.

You buy one of these cables in Best Buy, you are looking at $75.00. The markup on this stuff is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man! That is one good website. Never heard of it before, but those prices can't be beat.

I'm thinking of getting this mount. What do you think?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=3724&seq=1&format=2

They have the exact same thing with a max size of 52". Since my TV is right at 52" I thought it would be smart to move up to the next size. Weight isn't an issue with either one. Do you think I should go with the bigger size or stick with the one that says it maxes out at 52"?

Here's the link to the smaller one.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=3337&seq=1&format=2

·
Registered
976 Posts
Might as well go with the bigger one (for future upgrades ;-)). It also swivels more than the small one. Definitely go with monoprice. I just bought some other items from them and received it within 2 days of ordering. Impressive stuff.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What do you guys do to keep the cables hidden with the wall mounted tv's? I see them all over the place with just the tv mounted on the wall and no power cords or cables to be seen. Do you just run them through the wall somehow wich an access panel?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think some people just punch a hole in the wall and then another one just below it. I guess it depends on the location.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Move your cable access to the wall mount location, and the same applies to the electrical outlet. Move it up the wall to the wall mount location. At least if the cables run from the upstairs/attic down to the outlet boxes...Other wise pig tail and install a couple boxes above the old ones...:wink:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm thinking of getting this and painting it to match the wall.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/OmniMount-Flat-Panel-Cable-Wall-Cover-CMK/sem/rpsm/oid/161346/catOid/-12885/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

And I just bought the wall shelf at the bottom of the last page from Circuit City for $26. It was normally around $250. I think it might have been a mistake as I can no longer find it on their website. I'm going to use this to hold my audio/video components. My tv is too deep with the stand to sit on it, so I'm still going to use the wall mount I bought.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/hls4676.pdf

This is the wall mount I purchased.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=3724&seq=1&format=2

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The mount is in...just waiting for the TV to arrive any day! I'll post pics when I get the install all done and pretty like!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, I have yet to even open the box. I'm guessing it will take me a couple of hours because the mount is the key link to everything. I'm going to have to paint some plywood or something and use it against the wall as an anchor into the studs. I don't think I'll be able to put the mount directly into studs as I didn't originally set things up in the room for a tv mount.

The TV is set to arrive tomorrow, so I guess this will be my Friday night project. Got to get things done for Sunday football!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts