Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
What are people doing for floor mats? The carpet ones the car came with get dirty in a hurry. I'd like some vinyl or rubber ones. Is it best to just go to the Ford dealer and get regular Mustang mats?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Here's mine. They're an Official Ford Racing item and I got them on eBay but forget what they cost. They have the grommet hole for hooking onto the carpet hook. When they get dirty it's not a big deal- Just hose them off in the driveway and let them dry in the sun. They come out like new.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
went to canadian tire and bought the cheapest ones to use overtop the tock stock ones..I take them out before I go to shows..or you can be like Collin and put your shoes in a bucket and drive in socks

·
Registered
261 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
Here's mine. They're an Official Ford Racing item and I got them on eBay but forget what they cost. They have the grommet hole for hooking onto the carpet hook. When they get dirty it's not a big deal- Just hose them off in the driveway and let them dry in the sun. They come out like new.

I got the same ones from a Texas grocery store chain for about $20. As you say, easy to clean. If the white portion get too dirty, just a spray of 409 cleans them right up.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I'm using the floor mats from my 07 GT that had a light graphite interior. It actually makes the ambient lighting glow more. It has a dead pedal flap, but I had to use ridculous quantities of velcro to keep the driver carpet from bunching up under the clutch pedal (which I hope doesn't mess up the floor carpet). Eventually I will get new ones, probably dark charcoal with silver running ponies on them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The first thing I do when I buy a new car is, put clear vinyl mats over the factory mats. When I sold my ten year old Cadillac last year, The gray mats still looked like new.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
mat protectors?

You can buy clear vinyl runner by the foot at the Depot. 6' of that should make 2 protectors for cheap. May not be too handsome, but functional.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I wanted the weather tech floor liners also but $150 was to much for me. I went with the Ford all weather set for less than half the price my cost! They fit good and they are real heavy duty with the ponys to boot!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,319 Posts
VicMark said:
Hey,
What are people doing for floor mats? The carpet ones the car came with get dirty in a hurry. I'd like some vinyl or rubber ones. Is it best to just go to the Ford dealer and get regular Mustang mats?
I have the exact same mats as Dale in Post #2, except mine don't say Ford Racing, they just have the blue oval logo. Heavy rubber, good mats, AutoZone, $30.00.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,319 Posts
Have you been "good?"

MustangLynda said:
oh yes yes yes those are it!!! Dead pedal cover!! oooo first christmas present has been found!! :lol:
Only if you're good to Santa, Lynda! :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts