Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These mufflers struck me as interesting. Anyone have scoop on them?
http://www.flopro.com/FloPro.htm
Otherwise, since I want to keep the stock "H" or go to an aftermarket highflow "H" (No "X"s), I'm trying to find all my options as far as high-quality chambered mufflers (either to weld into stock cat back or to get the whole cat back system).

The only one I know about is the Flowmaster. I think their 2 chambered one would be for me (American Thunder?), but I don't like the "drone" everyone describes them having.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had the two chambered American Thunder models on my 95' Cobra and resonance was terrible at cruising speeds. Enough to give you a headache. I went with the Borlas on my F-150 and they sound great without the resonance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I check into the Red Line series of their line up. Very expensive. Went with Magnaflow.

John

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magnaflow and Borla are both straight through mufflers. I was told to look for a chambered style to match up with an "H". I may stay with stock but wanted to peruse options. Any besides Flowmaster?
How about the Ford Racing catback? I saw it at http://www.gefracing.com . It looks like it's totally 2.5 inch tubing and chambered exhaust. I wonder if it's a lot better than the stock Bullitt exhaust?

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Dennis,I have been around for a while,and I can tell you,try an O/R MAC H-pipe,with the stock Bullitt mufflers! The sound is awesome and unique. I don't see any HP gain by switching just the mufflers. In fact I will be looking for some Bullitt take-off mufflers,to keep on the shelf for later years! Anyone have any?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John- Spintech looks interesting. How do they sound...any first hand experience? (as an aside, you may want to change the spelling of welded in your sig...no "i")

MUS408- I want to keep my car smog inspection legal at all times, and I want to stay with an "H", but have had a heck of a time trying to find a quality highflow "H". All stainless would be nice. I don't think it exists.

Chalmers- I thought Steeda exhausts were just renamed and pricier Borla systems? Aren't they straight through mufflers then?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Another muffler I used on turbo applications is the Edlebrock RPM series mufflers. You can get offset ends yet they are a straight through flow design. You can get them from Summitt and are 400 series stainless.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts