Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have encountered the smoke caused by Florida/Georgia fires? I have to go to Ft. Pierce from Tallahassee on Tuesday and really dread it. Hopefully some of the smoke will clear by then. If things don't change by Tuesday morning, guess I will have to take highway 27 to Ocala to get on down to Ft. Pierce via the turnpike. I will be driving a minivan - not the Bullitt.

·
Registered
899 Posts
We've had to deal with the smoke daily, my sister almost had to evacuate last week. The biggest problems will be I-10 and I-75. You may want to plan an alternate western path around the lake city area....

·
3,389 Posts
My heart goes out to you guys!

I was at a Cisco Networkers conference a couple of years ago and on the drive to the hotel fires were burning on the side of the road. I saw palms on fire and lots of smoke. The conference centre was very smokey at times. Then we had a night out at Universal and the smoke was unbelievable.
Felt guilty that there wasn't anything I could do to help....
Hopefully you get rain soon!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Highway 27?

Rarecat said:
We've had to deal with the smoke daily, my sister almost had to evacuate last week. The biggest problems will be I-10 and I-75. You may want to plan an alternate western path around the lake city area....
I was thinking about taking I-10 out of Tallahassee to the highway 27 exit and take 27 on down to ALT 27 where it comes into Ocala. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
wake up to smoke every morning, but fortunately most days it clears out by mid afternoon because of the ocean breeze. Not yet as bad as 1998 fires in this area.

·
Registered
899 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I was thinking about taking I-10 out of Tallahassee to the highway 27 exit and take 27 on down to ALT 27 where it comes into Ocala. What do you think?
Makes sense, but I'd check the news and plan for really bad traffic delays

·
Car Whisperer
20,882 Posts
Smoke here like crazy almost everyday. They have stopped some events outdoors because of it. Driving my asthma crazy.

I would check the roads before you depart. I-10 and 75 junction was closed. I was told of someone who drove from Jacksonville to Tally yesterday or the day before and it took them 5 hours. Lots of road closures around due to zero or near zero visibilty. Call FHP or check their site, they may have the road closures up on the net.

Be careful!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts