Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USA flag sticker on the rear window of my Bullitt. Anyone else flying flags on their Bullitts?

Vicki

·
Registered
112 Posts
You dag on right I am a service member, MP

Your flag flys to the right, right , mines in the bottom left corner,

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an American Flag centered at the bottom of my rear window. Just above the U.S. flag it reads, "United We Stand," and just below it reads, "God Bless America." I think it's neat that many people are now displaying an American flag on their cars. I saw one car today where we counted five U.S. flags on it. (Perhaps a bit much but I respect their enthusiasm.) It used to be that all I ever saw were cars with "GBR", "FR", "ESP", or some other country's abbreviation. (I'm not knocking people showing that they are from another country -- my wife's from Spain and she had an "ESP" sticker on her car for years.) There were just very few "USA" stickers being shown. It was almost like we took our status for granted or weren't proud enough to tell others that we're U.S. Citizens. Hopefully, those lackluster feelings will be long gone for a very long time and the U.S. will be a better place with our new sense of pride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just wish people would learn to fly their flags correctly. Remember people, the starfield is ALWAYS in the upper left corner no matter if the flag is flown horizontal or vertical.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have an American Flag attached to my antenna. The flag actually glids to the top when I'm driving on the freeway. and it slids back down when the car is parked.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Except when displayed over a street or sidewalk, where it can be seen from either side, be sure the union is to the north on an east-west street, and to the east on a north-south street. The same directions apply in a building lobby or corridor with entrances to the east and west or north and south.

Half the people out there are disgracing the flag in accordance with Public Law 94-344. BUT most of the people just discovered that there is something to being an American so for now it will be overlooked.

I remember seeing a display one time years ago on the side of the street with two 8X10 flags shoved in the ground in front of a cardboard sign talking about wanting to protect the flag with an amendment. It had rained and the flags were laying in the mud. I don't think they really got it... I would be happy if people would keep it clean and replace it before it tears all the way to the pole. Also they leave it up at night and in the rain. Not sure if they get it either.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got the Stars & Stripes on a mast on the driver's side of the trunk lid. Rakes proudly backwards at high speeds. USA forever!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would definetly fly a flag, but I'm not much of a sticker man. Does anyone know where I can get one of those false like stickers (the kind that sticks to glass but comes off and is moveable, goes on the inside of the car). Does that make sense?? Can anyone help??

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My wife and I were about to buy a couple flags at Walgreens the other day and then noticed they were made in China! No sale.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
USAF vet and always "fly" the flag on my vehicles.

In the rain it should (must) be an all weather flag.

At night the flag should (must) be in light, IE... a light shinning directly at/on it.

It's too bad that it took this tragedy to get us to honor the flag.

Display 'em with pride. God Bless the USA....

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey Dennis, AZ Lifeline pilot

What kind of rear mud flaps are you using? Do you have a picture that you can share?

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it's great that America is finally showing their pride in being American. I live in So. California and yes it's true that alot of the people here feel they have to be trendy or materialistic. So it's good to see these folks show a little pride and support rather than bash the establishment. The thing that I question is how long it will last. Are they just waiting for a band wagon to jump on that makes more noise? I hope not. I did 12 great years in the Army. I joined because I felt I owed it to the country I live in to do that. So lets hope that all the recent flag wavers stick with it because they feel like they owe it to America to be proud. Ok this soap box is getting kinda high so I'll get off. Keep those flags flying it means alot.

Anthony
TB #2979

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi DONWIL,
Got the molded mudguards from the local Ford dealership for $40 and self installed (just have to remove the wheel and drill two small holes). I loved them on my 97 Cobra and like them even better on the Bullitt because they complement the rockers' integrated front wheel guards and help keep my rear wheels (set out on 30mm H&R spacers) from flingin' tarantulas and scorpions around.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Dennis,

Thanks for the photos. The MFs look really good. They are not too intrusive and from the picts they look like OEM stuff.

:bullitt:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always fly the flag at the house,its lit at night and is an all weather flag.We also have red white and blue streamers on all the cars antennas, along with flag decals. GOD Bless The USA

·
Registered
351 Posts
Good Old Stars And Stripes, can never see enough of them!!! Have one flying proudly in front of my home , looking for one to fly on my Bullitt and 5.0, and cannot forget about the one I carry in my HEART!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts