Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for 5551 to get a new clutch and am trying to decide if an aluminum flywheel is worth the money. Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If you have to put money into a flywheel, I would go with an Al one. But if yours is ok, not sure if it is worth the money. I had a bunch done when I got mine installed so I can't say how much of a difference the flywheel made by itself.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If u dont have a S/C and pushing big power dont bother. It will take away alot from ur top end anyway. Car will rev up faster but not gain much power maybe 1/2hp if that. Not worth it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have an aluminum flywheel (Fidanza) on TB3686 and think it is a great mod. I can definitely feel the difference in power/acceleration. Just make sure your mechanic uses the proper amount of tranny fluid and does not "top off" your tranny fluid.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
McQ Stang said:
I have an aluminum flywheel (Fidanza) on TB3686 and think it is a great mod. I can definitely feel the difference in power/acceleration. Just make sure your mechanic uses the proper amount of tranny fluid and does not "top off" your tranny fluid.
How the hek did he top off the trans fluid?

·
Registered
826 Posts
twin051302 said:
How the hek did he top off the trans fluid?
He filled until the fill inlet was about to run over. I had to drain the tranny and refill w/ 3.2 or 3.4 or whatever the current recommended fill is. I knew it had been overfilled when I got the hard to shift notchy feel.

Oh and I had the driveshaft replaced with an aluminum ds at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts