Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights, much like a lot of other mustangs are foggy and make the front of the car look bad. I have heard of people wet sanding and polishing the outside but I think mine is on the inside but it still feels rough to the touch on the outside. I also found this..

http://www.crystalviewchemicals.com/Headlight_Restoration_Kit.htm

Anybody ever try it or hear about it? Looks like it might work..
Also can someone give me some links to the best priced new ones or are the ebay ones any good?

Sorry one more thing...anybody have any pics of bullitt decals on the front windshield? I'm thinking about gettin one but want to see it on a bullitt from the front first.

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Had my lights replaced under warranty

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Warranty replacement before I bought my car. The nieghbor used some he got at the local J/Y that were like new. I think $25 each.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
The fogging is definitely on the inside, so polishing the lenses won't get rid of the fogging. It's from outgassing of the adhesives used during assembly. Newer (02+) ones must have used a different adhesive because they don't fog like the originals. I had mine replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I found this awhile ago, but I don't know of anyone actually trying it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/headlight-condensation-remedy.html

But, if you're planning on potentially buying a set anyhow, I guess you might as well try this first. As far as the outside, you can polish it with almost any polish. You can even wetsand prior to the polish to get down deeper. Let me know if you do try this, however. I would be interested to see how well it works.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Maybe he is thinking condensation inside the lense.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So is blue oval industries the cheapest place for lights? Why can't you just buy the clear cover instead of the whole thing? And does anyone have any pics of the bullitt decal on the front windshield??

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The light is one piece, holding the bulbs. Very easy to replace.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
20bullitt01 said:
Sorry one more thing...anybody have any pics of bullitt decals on the front windshield? I'm thinking about gettin one but want to see it on a bullitt from the front first.!
Member RBULLIT4449 (only 1 T) has a BULLITT windshield banner. You can PM him and I am sure he has plenty of pics.

Ray's Bullitt is on the left with the BULLITT banner but I can't get a clear picture, sorry...

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found the ones from blue oval industries on ebay for 89.99. I think im gonna get those..but there is a package for 104.99 that has the xenon lights with it..you think its worth it?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I'm on my 3rd set of headlights (and will need some new ones within a year.) I've bought the ones on Ebay twice and they don't hold up any better (or any worse) than the Ford headlights. They are quite a bit cheaper as well. Unless you're a purist and have to keep it all "Ford" this is probably the way to go. What I haven't understood is that the driver side gets the fogging and spider cracks before the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts