Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very disapointing 331rwhp and 347rwtq @ 5200rpm at 8.5 PSI. with my v2 SQ and power pipe with x pipe/ catback. The thing is this was on a Mustang Dyno which I was told by the tuner will read about 12-14% lower than a Dyno jet. Hey NuBullitt4110, in case you read this was your 385rwhp/rwtq on a dynojet? if so I wont feel so bad about my numbers.
So guys whats next? I was thinking 3.33" pulley, long tubes and either a power cooler from vortech or a air to air from paxton. What do you think.

·
Registered
987 Posts
chris1984 said:
A very disapointing 331rwhp and 347rwtq @ 5200rpm at 8.5 PSI. with my v2 SQ and power pipe with x pipe/ catback. The thing is this was on a Mustang Dyno which I was told by the tuner will read about 12-14% lower than a Dyno jet. Hey NuBullitt4110, in case you read this was your 385rwhp/rwtq on a dynojet? if so I wont feel so bad about my numbers.
So guys whats next? I was thinking 3.33" pulley, long tubes and either a power cooler from vortech or a air to air from paxton. What do you think.

The cooler will add about 2psi should get u in the 370's. Long tubes dont do much on mod motors unless ur pushing 500+hp. U might as well get shorties.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
chris1984 said:
I was told by the tuner will read about 12-14% lower than a Dyno jet. Hey NuBullitt4110, in case you read this was your 385rwhp/rwtq on a dynojet? if so I wont feel so bad about my numbers.
So guys whats next? I was thinking 3.33" pulley
Sounds good to me. Mine was 340 RWHP / 348 RWTQ on the Mustang Dyno. Which puts me at approximately 374/382 on a Dynojet. Some day I will run on a Dynojet just to be sure.

I am running the 3.33 Pully on the Paxton Novi 2000 with 12psi @ 6200 RPM with no cooler.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
OGBATMAN said:
The cooler will add about 2psi should get u in the 370's. Long tubes dont do much on mod motors unless ur pushing 500+hp. U might as well get shorties.
What box of cereal are you getting your information from?? I don't mean to sound crass, but I think you may be a little mixed up between LT's and shorties and what they do to the mod motor. LT's will get you around 15-20 to the ground, where shorties don't really do all that much.

·
Registered
987 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
What box of cereal are you getting your information from?? I don't mean to sound crass, but I think you may be a little mixed up between LT's and shorties and what they do to the mod motor. LT's will get you around 15-20 to the ground, where shorties don't really do all that much.
Well I get my info from going to a dynos and seeing mod motor cars that were putting out around 400hp with shorties, then changed over to the LT's and put out 400.5 to 401hp. It doesnt make that big of a differance and I have seen this on many cars. The power gain on mod motors is really not worth the price of the LTs. Now LT's on pushrod motors thats whole nother story they gain alot from LT's.

Now if his car was a push rod or was putting down 500+hp then I can see the reason for LT's because of the back pressure being so great that he would need LT's to release the exhaust gas faster amd releave the back pressure.

By the way if u dont mean to sound crass then maybe before u hit reply u should have deleted ur first question instead of trying to b a smart azz.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now now.. the only reason why I was considering headers long or short. was because my tuner said i have a exhaust leak, so one bank is runing rich. But he said that he has never seen a factory gasket blow, so he thinks the leak is by the collector. I just thought that If im gonna spend 700-800 bucks on labour to get the gskets changed, I might as well spent another 300-400 to get headers. I would also like to know what type of inter cooler you guys like best? air-air or air -water? Im not a big fan of having to relacate the battery but if thats what I have to do then I guess so. I think the air-looks better too.

·
Registered
987 Posts
chris1984 said:
now now.. the only reason why I was considering headers long or short. was because my tuner said i have a exhaust leak, so one bank is runing rich. But he said that he has never seen a factory gasket blow, so he thinks the leak is by the collector. I just thought that If im gonna spend 700-800 bucks on labour to get the gskets changed, I might as well spent another 300-400 to get headers. I would also like to know what type of inter cooler you guys like best? air-air or air -water? Im not a big fan of having to relacate the battery but if thats what I have to do then I guess so. I think the air-looks better too.
I have air to water. But I heard air to air was better because of the bigger intercooler. Pluse less plumbing.

My air to water intercooler is really small.

Also by the way LT's r very hard to put on a mod motor he may charge more for labor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OGBATMAN said:
I have air to water. But I heard air to air was better because of the bigger intercooler. Pluse less plumbing.

My air to water intercooler is really small.

Also by the way LT's r very hard to put on a mod motor he may charge more for labor.
My guy told me same price for labor for shorties or LT's

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
OGBATMAN said:
Well I get my info from going to a dynos and seeing mod motor cars that were putting out around 400hp with shorties, then changed over to the LT's and put out 400.5 to 401hp. It doesnt make that big of a differance and I have seen this on many cars. The power gain on mod motors is really not worth the price of the LTs. Now LT's on pushrod motors thats whole nother story they gain alot from LT's.

Now if his car was a push rod or was putting down 500+hp then I can see the reason for LT's because of the back pressure being so great that he would need LT's to release the exhaust gas faster amd releave the back pressure.

By the way if u dont mean to sound crass then maybe before u hit reply u should have deleted ur first question instead of trying to b a smart azz.:rolleyes:
im with markus on this one...shorties don't do much longtubes make a good difference. in multiple instances ive seen boosted cars gain 30hp with long tubes hell a good friend of mine just went from 280 on an na 2v to 300na at the wheels...but long tubes dont do anything

·
Registered
366 Posts
Chris go with the bassani mid length headers from WESTERN MOTORSPORTS here in Calgary.They will bolt right up to your bassani catted x pipe wth no problems.Thats what i am going to do once i get the bassani catback on. GREG

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
bullitt00623 said:
Chris go with the bassani mid length headers from WESTERN MOTORSPORTS here in Calgary.They will bolt right up to your bassani catted x pipe wth no problems.Thats what i am going to do once i get the bassani catback on. GREG
those bassani headers sure are beautiful hahah

·
Registered
987 Posts
240_Bullitt said:
im with markus on this one...shorties don't do much longtubes make a good difference. in multiple instances ive seen boosted cars gain 30hp with long tubes hell a good friend of mine just went from 280 on an na 2v to 300na at the wheels...but long tubes dont do anything
Then I stand corrected. Maybe the cars i saw something was wrong with them. Who knows.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we'll see. the funny thing is, I'm already used to the power and I want more. Goober you have to let me know what that intercooler is like. Then a smaller pulley and so on. But then again, I may have to sell my car if im going to school next year. So i really dont know how much money to put in untill I really know what im gonna do.Goober, our numbers are really close eh? 00619 and 00623

1 - 13 of 13 Posts