Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I noticed you use the Bfgoodrich drag radials I have a couple of questions for ya. Do you have them on your stock bullitt rims if so how to they feel on the street. I am in the proecss of buying drag radials. I am torn between nittos or the bfgoodrich drag radials.How long did they last you and what rpm do you launch at. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey nomad, I used and old set of 16 inch rims off a old mustang. The milage on the bfg
drags are about 3000mi. The bfgs will hook better at the track I don't recommend then for street use. I also used at set of nittos 275 40 17 on my old '99 cobra stock rims they looked alright (17x8). Did a test run in the rain at about 110mph on I95 did OK would not trust the bfg drag in the rain at 55mph. The milage on the nittos I would say around 12,000 mi. If you keep the the nittos
on your car use caution when the weather gets
cold below 50degs. not enuff heat in the tire
I launched at 3500rpm thats all the worn out bfgs could take. that was at 17psi. I think
you should be able to launch at around 4000 to 4500rpm depending on horse power. If you are superchared forget it 3500rpm the max.At
least that was the best i could do on my old '94 cobra superchared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts