Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, Im just throwing this out there to aid my decision of whether to leave my shaker hood on or go back to stock. When I bought the car back in March 08, it had 2400 miles on it and the original owner put on the shaker hood in 2004. I like the stock look of the Bullitt and feel that the Bullitt hood should be on the car, and the shaker hood should be on the Mach 1, but that's my opinion. So, I am offering the Hood and system up in a preliminary sense to see if anyone would be interested in buying it. If someone wants to, and makes me a reasonable offer, then its sold and the stocker is going back on. Remember, this is just an initial offering to gauge interest. Nothing is set in stone.

Details on the Hood:
It is not aftermarket, I repeat, not aftermarket. I contacted the original owner and even have the email he sent me regarding the hood. It is a Ford Factory Mach 1 hood and shaker scoop and is painted DHG from Ford themselves. He spent a lot of money on this but If i had the car new, it would not have been my first mod as I have other intentions for the car. Anyway, the hood is IMO 8/10. It has only 20,000 miles on it which are mostly highway, so there are the typical light stone chips by the headlights and grille, but not many. Also, one of the hood bolts on the passenger side is broken, but I assure you and I called ford to verify that this is not a problem for driveability, integrity, or safety, however, you may want to have it fixed. Cant see it costing more than $150 to do so. The hood is indistinguishable paintwise from the rest of the car. Also included is the shaker scoop, pipe, and airbox that replaces the stock airbox and fits perfectly with the stock air intake. I will try to get some underhood pics showing this, but i assure you it is clean and perfect (the shaker intake). Check my sig and profile pics to see it on my car. I know what the original owner paid for the entire setup, paint and installation so make me a reasonable offer please, no low balls. Thanks for looking.....:dhg01:

·
Registered
423 Posts
good luck with the sale. i would love to have it but i just bought lt's and o/r x and 4.10 gears, and clutch. nice car. 2400 miles when you bought it. what a deal finder.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have been looking for a hood. I've already got everything else installed and my car is Black so it would have to be painted anyway. I'll say $500.00 BUT that's only because I came across the exact same deal on the Mach registry and it was already painted Black so it was a straight bolt up for me for $750.00.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks UD Bullitt. SteelFalcon, you have a PM.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
consider a trade for my cervini's 3" cowl (a.k.a. cobra R)???

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheCat033, you have a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
eBullitt1569 said:
TheCat033, you have a PM.
PM replied, i'll shoot over some more pics in a min

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
If I didn't have mine, I'd be all over this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$800 takes it. Dont forget, its DHG already!!!!! This is a steal.

7,020 Posts
yep I like it !

eBullitt1569 aka Nako, yes if you still have it for $800 lets talk.

do you pay shipping to California ?

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Have Bullitt will travel" you have a PM.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Greyhound will be the cheapest. That is a good deal for that hood and the shaker stuff.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Frankenstang. I think so too. And I am in serious need of shipment info. What kind of service do you guys use for a shipment of this dimesional size and weight?

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
like I said, try greyhound, will most likely be the cheapest.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Greyhound as in the bus company?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never mind, googled it and did some research. They have one close to me, like 15mins away so thats good news. id have to package the hood myself tho, thats a pain. Any ideas how best to package it (if i sell it)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Time for some new glasses..

Hey Nako, I'm looking at your car in your signature and wondering what kind of ground effects you've got on it. Upon closer inspection, I discover it's the reflection of the pavement lines.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bottom line: Nice car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha, i have been waiting for someone to figure that out. Ihave had a few PMs about them, yep, good eye, jsut the refelection. Ill have to get a new sig photo, That one is terrrriblleee.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Yeah, as in the bus company. they put the stuff down below. much cheaper than UPS or the like.

As to the boxing of it:

I'm sure UPS or one of the local stores like Pac Mail have either:

a box to fit it
can make a box to fit it.

Other possible source: someone who sells refrigerators...get one or two of those boxes, put some bubble pack on the corners of the hood and some on top and bottom, sandwich in between and tape it up.

Put the shaker stuff in a separate box and send it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts