Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To sort photos and select 12 for a 2003 Bullitt Calendar:

I'd suggest that we don't all send in our favorite photo to a regular topic. The topic would take an hour to load because we'd have hundreds of large, high quality images to sift through.

Could someone, perhaps the moderator, create a bin to receive the images and host a page of thumbnails for everyone to view and vote upon? Maybe we should receive images until, say the end of October or something.

I don't know if owners should be pictured with their Bullitts, or we just want Bullitts. The voting public could decide. Smut sounds like it's out and unacceptable.

As far as voting, I'd say that all Bullitt owners be given three votes (not to be in order of preference) and not be allowed to vote for him/herself. Then we could get enough votes to arrive at an honest selection of the best 12 photos. Maybe votes should be accepted until, say, the end of November.

These are my ideas. More are certainly welcome!

I'm looking for a high quality calendar producer as we speak. We might make 500 or more!?

·
Registered
120 Posts
If done properly, maybe trying to do a theme for each month related to something in that month. Like in December maybe a Bullitt in a very pretty snow scene and so on. Just a thought....

·
Registered
822 Posts
That sounds like a really great idea...let us know if you end up with a place for our photos to be sent. I will send a couple for sure.

Let me know how I can help.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
How long are we talking here, maybe a month to come up with pics? Maybe Karl can have an album dedicated to this on his webshots site. It's fairly easy to view.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
maybe for one of the moths a pic of one going in storage or one comiing out of storage. the cover being put on, being taken off.?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I will take some pics of my car in snow...

Wait a sec... that means I'll have to drive to Alaska and pray that they'll have snow in the summer!

But I'd love to do some in the rain! Especially in the Woodland areas of Houston! Nice scenery!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I was thinking, You could actualy do 24 pics, one on the top and then one with the days over top of the pic. just a thought.
Ideas: Interior, iside as a whole, dash, shifter,seats
Exterior: back with badge,side front, top, side rigth, side left, side back
Custom: Mqueens with the strips,
Engine: Stock, with mods,
Then of course you have to have one with all three colors
just some things that poped into my head

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITTBRO1 on 2002-03-26 20:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
903 Posts
Great idea to have a BULLITT calender. Here is an idea to maximize the use of photos. How about doing it like Hemmings does thier calendars. Have a full page pic then a couple in each corner on the monthly dates section. Just an idea

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I figured that if this thing flies for 2003, what's to stop us from continuing indefinately?

That's 12 award winning photos annually...or 120 over 10 years. Maybe once you're in, you can't compete again in the very next year.

After 30 years, we'll have seen a lot of great Bullitts.

What does anyone else think?

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I think you could even go with a two year wait after appearing in the calendar. GIves you more time to get another snappy photo to submit! :wink:
Cam

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-26 12:02, kfengler wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-26 11:53, Dawnygirl wrote:
If done properly, maybe trying to do a theme for each month related to something in that month. Like in December maybe a Bullitt in a very pretty snow scene and so on. Just a thought....
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Too many garage queen BULLITTS here, we'll never see them in rain or snow!!! :smile:

Actually INastyFordGT has a great picture of his BULLITT up in Lewiston ID when it snowed.

For October, Halloween, we can show a highly modified car... :smile: </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just think how interesting and creative the 2nd year's pics could get with everyone knowing that they might get a spot on the calender if the shot was interesting enough. This could be a very competitive event for y'all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts