Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5001-5582

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been giving this some thought lately and I thought I'd throw up this question. I know some here have nuked their motors with a small nitrous shot, others detonating with a blower and so on.

What I'm curious of is what number your car is? I'm just thinking out loud whether or not the failures are related in any way to the car sequence #'s. The other reason being that Double J and I are making some pretty decent power these days, well beyond what we've been told the block, internals etc can handle and we're also relatively low sequence numbers. I also know the sequence # was random, but I believe there was some manifold fitting changes in the #3000 cars and up.

Once again, just curious if this theory of mine has any merit.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I don't know if you can go by the serial numbers Paul. Mr. T told us at the 40th that the cars weren't "stickered" in any order. For example, your car is 1521 and mine is 745, but yours could be a lower productin/VIN number than mine. I'd say you would need to check eveyones VIN's for a more accurate correlation to the production number and engine "strength".

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
I don't know if you can go by the serial numbers Paul. Mr. T told us at the 40th that the cars weren't "stickered" in any order. For example, your car is 1521 and mine is 745, but yours could be a lower productin/VIN number than mine. I'd say you would need to check eveyones VIN's for a more accurate correlation to the production number and engine "strength".
VIN #'s are not exactly accurate either. They do not necessarily represent the order that the car travelled down the line. The build date would be a better indicator.

I doubt that there is a correlation. I think that time with a quality tuner has more to do with it. How many Bullitts have lost their engines with an off-the-shelf tune? How many with your tuner? With John's? With mine? How many with Murillo? How many with MPH? How many by spraying without a tune?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
a local kid here in my town just blew his up. his was a 45xx numbered car i think. i'll have to check. all he has is a diablo chip and gears! and only 14k miles on the car. sad sad sad

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Im with Paul on this one in the way of wondering why some motors have blown and others have not. #1633 hasnt blown yet or given me any indication that she is suffering, knock on wood, and im making 410to the rear tires which is like 450+ at the crank with a stock bottom end as well as stock heads and even stock exaust. and im going to keep going till i find the breaking point. but im not sure where it is.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I found the reason. It's the good,clean,living that we are doing!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
S/N to VIN number has some merit, but not an absolute about which came first. Markus asked the question some months ago and there were a bit more than just a few cars out of sequence. But it isn't like they are hundreds or even thousands of cars apart. Maybe the build varied by a few days on a bit more than a few cars. Something on the order of one getting stuck in a back corner of the storage for a couple days, then being sequenced in with the rest of the cars. At least that's what I could tell. Nothing radical. More than enough to lend merit to the engine build theory as all engines were built in the same plant... ;-)

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'd say my late night thinking accomplished......Nada!

I agree the tuner has almost everything to do with it but I would be curious to see by VIN or build date just based on early engines vs later engines. Not that any of this this really matters just a late night hmmmmm

·
Registered
231 Posts
5508's motor blew around 60k on it. The aftermarket timing adjuster was advanced too high and the rest is history. Glad i bought the extended warranty!! a 5grand engine only cost me a $50 dalla deductible!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bulistc5508 said:
5508's motor blew around 60k on it. The aftermarket timing adjuster was advanced too high and the rest is history. Glad i bought the extended warranty!! a 5grand engine only cost me a $50 dalla deductible!!
lol i have the extended warrenty as well, butttttttt a vortech s/c usually says no to any warrenty work on the motor lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts