Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lever mounted in the lower position v. the upper position. After I switched my lever from the upper position (after 3 weeks in the upper pos.)to the lower position (ahh much better!) I noticed my boot was crinkled a bit. While adjusting the boot to get the crinkle out of it I noticed that the lever that comes out of the top of the shifter was rubbing slightly on the boot. I am concerned because with the lever in the lower position the boot is exposed to the sharp edge of the lever coming out of the top of the shifter itself. Therefore, I will be looking at covering this up with some rubber (a condom?? lol)or other suitable non-abrasive cover for the sharp exposed edges of the stationary shift lever rising up from the shift mechanism itself. Of course, those of you that have the lever in the upper position need not worry.
Anyone with the triax lever in the lower position come up a good non abrasive covering for this yet?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I tie-wrapped the top lip of the boot to the lower arm to hold it secure and a bit lower (no riding up).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-20 18:02, Bullittbaby wrote:
I installed the steeda shifter and now it grinds into 2nd. Anyone I need help??
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

my experience with the triax shifter is that it is a little stiff until you break it in a bit, especially 1-2 shifts. Give it some time to loosen. If it is cold where you live then you are experiencing the cold 1-2 shift problem many of us have. If the cold 1-2 shift is occuring (the way to tell this is after 5-10 minutes it shifts easier)take it easy do not force it or you chance bending a shift fork. Ford is aware of this problem, many others have addressed it with some fixes that involve changing the OEM transmission fluid.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Bullittbaby,
With the tri-axe being a shorter throw, you are shifting a lot faster than you were before with the stock shifter. Also the oem shifter was isolated completely in rubber so you would have felt less and heard less also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts