208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,944 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just got those CDC fog lamps and they look bad ass! BUT, they are so damn bright! I get middle fingers all the time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
J'sBullitt,

Where'd you get the CDC quad lamps? I'd sure be using them with the fog that I always see and they look good. Did you install them yourself?

Thanks Mega for posting the link!

BULLITT3946

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have factory GT Fog Lamps...any bulbs that are a bit brighter that won's melt the lenses or cause other propblems?

Griffbl

·
Registered
88 Posts
Matter of taste I realize, But I like the no fog light approach and allows more air to the brakes and intake.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-06 09:59, mustang wrote:
Matter of taste I realize, But I like the no fog light approach and allows more air to the brakes and intake.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

But, do they really add any significant air to the in intake or brakes? Did the ford engineers design those holes as air intakes or for Driving/fog light holders? It seems to me that you would have to do some ducting to direct airflow to the brakes or intake.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Here my opinion
I like the look of Ford driving light better but it seen to be a problem with them
I am my second set of housing (need a other one now) :evil:
Water keeps on getting into them and burning the bulb all the time
Last bulb exploded and melted part of the housing
I think heat of the light expand the plastic lenses and let water in
It is not a problem with car that are not getting driven in rain but for daily drive it is
It is a known problem by Ford, my dealer as always a couple set in stock!
When I purchase my Bullitt I will put driving light on it but not the ford one
Unless I decide it will be driven in nice weather only :roll:

Cobra R Wheel
"C" stripe
Praying to find an orphan DHG Bullitt at end of my99GT lease

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 99gt on 2001-11-06 13:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-04 17:21, griffbl wrote:
I have factory GT Fog Lamps...any bulbs that are a bit brighter that won's melt the lenses or cause other propblems?

Griffbl
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

i replaced the stock headlamps with the Xenon 100w/80w headlights and looked everywhere for foglamps. the new blue headlights looked really sh*tty with the yellow foglights, but i finally found 50w bulbs which is the highest wattage ive found... heres the link.. the 893 bulb replaces the 899:

http://www.showparts.com/

(click the XENON SUPERWHITE BULBS at the top of the list at the rite then click HOW TO PURCHASE at the top of the page.. youll find both the 9007 headlamps, and the 893 which replaces the 899 foglamps... they look great!)

p.s. i think the color of the two match MUCH MUCH better. They are a bright WHITE instead of that stock yellow..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts