Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy one, but can't decide if I should get the license plate opening or not. Right now I don't have a front license plate, but I'll probably have to get one later this year. How big a hole is it if I don't have a plate on for a while?

Does anyone have the carbon fiber version? I'm debating about gettting it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
rangerdoc said:
I'm about to buy one, but can't decide if I should get the license plate opening or not. Right now I don't have a front license plate, but I'll probably have to get one later this year. How big a hole is it if I don't have a plate on for a while?

Does anyone have the carbon fiber version? I'm debating about gettting it.

I have one without the plate opening. I think the plate opening is a clear plastic section for viewing the plate, not an open space. Could be wrong, though, been a while since I saw a Colgan with the plate showing.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have one with the plate opening. It is a hole about the size of the plate. Here is a pic. The bra actually tucks behind the plate.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
5111 said:
I have one with the plate opening. It is a hole about the size of the plate. Here is a pic. The bra actually tucks behind the plate.

Dee...is yours a carbon fiber bra?...i have one without the lic plate hole..i put two small holes in the bra to attach the plate....works for me:lol:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
#344's bra

I don't remember it having a plastic cover. :frown: Unless we cut it out 6 years ago when we got it and I can't remember that far back. I know we cut out the plastic for the turning signals as it would rub and cause marks.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I have the Colgan without the plate hole. I use industrial strength velcro to attach the plate to the Colgan as well as industrial strength velcro to attach the plate to the Bullitt when not using the Colgan. I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper cover and the velcro has worked quite well.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Mine is NOT carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
dg517 said:
...I put two small holes in the bra to attach the plate....works for me.:lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I get it! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I have a brand new Colgan bra for sale. It has never been out of the box. Made for a Bullitt. No plate opening.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rick, do you know if that will work with a Mach 1 chin spoiler? I was going to order the Mach 1 version. But, I'm interested...I like PY's idea of the velcro so I don't have to drill holes.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
It will work with the chin spoiler. I have the colgan that I bought before I installed the chin spoiler. After the chin spoiler install, I tried the bra and it fits over the spoiler just fine with no damage or bending to the spoiler.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, so does that mean the bra covers the spoiler or does it stick out some how? I'm not sure if the Mach 1 version covers it or allows it to pass through.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I have not had the Colgan out of the box but the LeBra does not fit very well over a Bullitt with a chin spoiler. The Mach 1 unit would probably be a better fit.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
The colgan I have, which is the standard version, fits over the spoiler. I'll put it on tomorrow and take a pic.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
Here is three pics. Without bra and with the bra on over the spoiler and a shot underneath.
I didn't think that it would fit with the chin spoiler so I have been taking mine off everytime. I'll have to try that next time. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
5111 said:
I didn't think that it would fit with the chin spoiler so I have been taking mine off everytime. I'll have to try that next time. Thanks!
Anything to help! See you at the Nats???

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
See you at the Nats???
Hopefully. I went ahead and booked a room, but the summer is already so busy that I may be out of money when it hits. The plan is to go anyhow, isn't that what credit cards are for? :D

Stacy has a class that starts Monday morning after Nats so we will probably leave on Sunday morning with the Canadians.

Are you bringing the family, or just you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts