Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too have water spots inside my headlight lenses. I was washing it over ther weekend and noticed water actually got into the D/S lens. It dried out by the next morning. Wow - how could the supplier even ship these sub-par headlight asemblies?

Anyway, have any of you guys had yours replaced? Did the new ones come in without the problems? Was the dealer able to change the asemblies without damaging your car? Were they aligned correctly and look right after replacement?

I know I'll end up having the asemblies changed - I'm just a little leary of them changing them out...

Thanks for any replies.

(I know 'asemblies' is missing an 's' - but system thinks I'm cussing and edits spelling)

Enjoying #00930

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyBullitt on 2001-07-25 10:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I went to my dealer on Monday and showed them spotting on the lenses. They gave me no problems and ordered new head lights for me. The parts guy said it would probably only get worse, and it was a good idea to replace them now. The lights should be in tomorrow, at which point I'll make an appointment to have them installed. Letcha know what happens.
UPDATE: Both new lenses came in clear. Had them both put in last Thursday in less than an hour. Of course I never let the car out of my sight and I think I was making the tech nervous. I'm glad I had it done when I did. If BULL1342 is correct, we could all be waiting a long time before Ford makes an executive decision about something so simple.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 Dryer Duct Ram Air, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
AMC AMX #7831 390 4-speed Go Pack Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: y2k16t8 on 2001-08-08 07:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm always leary about the dealer working on my car. I'm deftly afraid to take my Bullitt there. So far, it's remained in my loving care only. I've got two door mirrors that are scratched that I'll have to replace. Argh!! I'm thinking that I'll have the dealer order them and then feign illness for a year or two until I've got the nerve to leave my Bullitt on their lot for a spell. The headlights do swap out easily, by the way. I was thinking about changing them on a n '01 GT some time back. It's pretty simple, if the proper care is given.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also had a foggy spot on the inside of the right headlamp. The dealer ordered a new one. I'm waiting for the part to come in. Other warranty problems were a cut in the steering wheel, scuffed sill plate, boogers in the paint(I left them alone) and a bent molding at the bottom of the left quarter glass. These were all clearly evident when the car came off the truck. Also, it app- eared the factory buffed some spots.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Our driver's side headlight lense was spotted terribly upon delivery. Ford ordered another one and IT came in spotted, stained. So they re-ordered and said if IT came in stained they would take one off of a GT from the lot. It came in a lot better but still is not acceptable. I heard on another post somewhere that it was a supplier problem and that they have it straightened out now. So We will order another lense soon. (It seems to get worse as timne goes by, too. It was hardly noticeable when we first got it).

UPDATE: Hubby just got back from Ford and their Ford rep is coming in today and wants us to bring the Bullitt in while he is there so he can see in person the headlight lenses. I guess the dealership has a hard time convincing the suppliers that there is problems with some of the parts they keep ordering as in the lenses (and our instrument cluster awhile back)! I am going to tell him there is about 10-15 people unsatisfied with their lenses that I know of on the Internet and a friend that has a 2001 Gt in Seattle with both lenses stained!

Vicki #00344

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-07-25 13:09 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
my 2 new replacement headlights were ordered 3 weeks ago and STILL no word

can anybody say disgruntled?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Replaced the standard bulbs in mine with the Xenon gas bulbs. Looks like one of the more expensive luxury cars from a distance and when I get closer they do a double take.:eek:

The headlights pop right out, two brackets on each light slid up and the whole lense comes out.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had the passenger side headlight lens replaced about a week ago because it had a haze on the inside. The replacement was better but it did have a 3 inch streak on the inside. To make a long story short the dealer has another one on order which should arrive tomorrow.

John

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
There's been a lot of trouble with these light lenses.. both headlights AND Tail lights. Be sure to check your tail lights for this same kind of spotting. I've also noticed something I'm gonna have to keep an eye on.. I ran my Bullitt through the Touchless wash a few days ago (No choice.. I was in a rush.. never had a problem with my car wash guy) Well anyhow.. when I pulled out and opened the trunk to get my chamois it was really wet inside. So now I'm gonna have to really hit it with the hose now and run it through a few good rainstors to see if there is a bad leak or if it was just a fluke caused by the high pressure wash

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
steve, i don't get water in my trunk UNLESS i open it right after washing and then it seems to want to go everywhere
but BOTH my driver's side and passenger side windows leak under high pressure spray
ie: just a little if i use the garden hose but when i go thru one of those gas station "touchless" car washes that have the high powered spray that go back and forth over your vehicle....i have to have a small towel or wshcloth cuz BOTH sides leak under pressure!!!! not during rains though so that's not as bad as it could be

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Hubby is very pissed right now!! LOOK OUT!
OK, we are on our 2nd set of headlight lenses. Ford got in another set and they were just as bad. They sent for different ones. They came stained but not as bad so we took those. Well, we are not happy with them and Ford today says they are not going to replace them, that we have to live with them! We said we want to show our Bullitt and don't want dirty looking lenses. He gave us an 800 number to call tomorrow. Must be some head guy in Michigan I guess.

We are not going to let this issue alone!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If it does come down to an absolute worst case try to clean them yourselves. The whole lens comes off and when teh bulb is out you should be able to get some windex and a cleaning cloth in there.
That sucks though that they won't replace it. Is it Ford or just your dealership? If it's your dealership saying this try another one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have spotted lenses. Pointed them out to the customer relations person and she agrees they should be replaced. I have an appointment saturday so we shall see. Something i have noticed in posts is that a lot of people don't trust dealers including myself. I would think it would serve Ford to monitor these groups. But then again we keep buying cars. dhg # 2026

·
Registered
543 Posts
Second time is a charm. The dealer replaced the replacement lens today and it is perfect.

John

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
This otta tickle ya: When hubby went to dealer yesterday to get our new lenses, our dealer said to him, "Maybe your lenses (and everyone else's with problems) are soptted because of the UVB rays from the sun!" :lol: Hubby replied, "That's funny, the 3 that were sent to you in boxes for our replacements were all spotted. They haven't been out in the sun!" And continued with, "Well, I guess that blew that theory, didn't it!" Dealer said, "Ya, I guess it did."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-08-07 18:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer has just advised that Ford is aware of the water spots in the headlights and will not authorize replacement at this time as the new ones will just leak again. I was told that mine will be replaced/repaired as soon as Ford figures out how to resolve this problem. Hopefully soon.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
That's funny: The replacement ones that came for us in boxes-3 sets of them- all came with spots! They haven't even been on a car yet to be subject to water! What's the deal? :mad:

They are probably made in Japan and the Japanese aren't putting salt bags in the boxes to collect the condensation during shipment. That is what I think! And they are sweating in the boxes.....

Vicki

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the update bull1342! I thought they might finally figure out they were wasting money on replacing bad ones with more bad ones and get to the root of the problem.

Enjoying #00930

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyBullitt on 2001-08-07 22:08 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 41 Posts