Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Cool beans but I was wondering about what happens if a cap comes loose and dangles from the tether...you don't notice it (always preflight the B!) and drive a certain distance where the centrifugal force causes the cap to contact the painted or clear coated rim surface...possibly causing damage...but you still have the cap!

:clap:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I just keep my caps in the OEM BULLITT PARTS section,of my Mustang Parts For Future Restorer Museum. New parts being added everyday!

·
Registered
387 Posts
You have to be careful of some metal caps, mine had them on the back and they corroded themselves to the valve, so I couldn't remove them, luckily my tyres were due for renewal so I had normal valves and caps put on.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cochese said:
Cool beans but I was wondering about what happens if a cap comes loose and dangles from the tether...you don't notice it (always preflight the B!) and drive a certain distance where the centrifugal force causes the cap to contact the painted or clear coated rim surface...possibly causing damage...but you still have the cap!

:clap:
That's a good question.... Maybe when the metal ones are discarded you can orient the tethers on the grey ones to only flip toward the tire? I suppose they have to rotate otherwise the cap wouldn't unscrew without entanglement. Whoa! "entanglement" Big word alert! :lol:

7,020 Posts
3 out of 4 an't bad ! right

got three (3) loss one when DHG 1005 got a flat tire fixed on a road trip.

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
got locking caps on mine. forget tethers!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts