Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would share a little something that I have been working on with FAP. The Dyno numbers are corrected and the SC is pushing 8psi of boost.

More info to come

Showa

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
EDIT.

There we go!

Awesome man! How's she drive???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jymontoya said:
Would be cool if I could see them!

jymontoya, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Try it now..

Showa

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What led you to go with the Rotrex kit?

I've heard it's not safe making over 450hp on our stock block. Were your measurements in NM? or am I seeing things?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Cool! It's nice to know Prof. Ned Brainard is still keeping us entertained. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jymontoya said:
EDIT.

There we go!

Awesome man! How's she drive???
She drives amazing. Very smooth but when you get on it she will move out of her way in a hurry. Those poor 235's don't stand a chance. The Rotrex kit is a very non intrusive setup as it will be very easy to return to stock and the low end torque is just awesome especially at only 8.5psi and 17 degrees of timing. The car was tuned by Heath at Forced Air Performance and I am still getting use to the sensitive throttle.

Showa

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
showa said:
She drives amazing. Very smooth but when you get on it she will move out of her way in a hurry. Those poor 235's don't stand a chance. The Rotrex kit is a very non intrusive setup as it will be very easy to return to stock and the low end torque is just awesome especially at only 8.5psi and 17 degrees of timing. The car was tuned by Heath at Forced Air Performance and I am still getting use to the sensitive throttle.

Showa
How very interesting..........

Looks Awesome and it reads here like it Runs just as Awesome as it looks !!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
showa said:

Showa
Cool!

8.5psi on a stock engine is still quite a bit of boost my friend.

Sensitive throttle? Like boost surge? Where you give it a little throttle, and before you know it, the car is pinning you in the back of your seat, without really fully gunning it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
That looks like great technology but pretty much a custom job. Not readily available except for a few areas?

Also seems like a lot of HP for our stock rotating assemblies? Don't get me wrong, that is an awesome result but I would worry about hurting something.

·
Registered
172 Posts
CVA said:
That looks like great technology but pretty much a custom job. Not readily available except for a few areas?

Also seems like a lot of HP for our stock rotating assemblies? Don't get me wrong, that is an awesome result but I would worry about hurting something.
In the August 2008 issue of Popular Hot Rodding they install a Kenne Bell 2.6L 'Big-Bore" on a '07 GT: 482HP at the wheels on a Dynojet with 9-10 psi boost.

'According to Bell, this horsepower level is the limit of the stock engine, and would require additional internal engine upgrades to go higher.'

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sensitivity I am referring to comes with the tune and the throttle tip in. I heard some of you mention it with your custom tunes. As for the bottom end holding up I feel very comfortable running this HP but would not go any more on the stock setup. But I will keep you all posted on that. I am also looking to install the GT500 fuel pump setup very soon. The power comes on very smooth and feels almost endless. FAP is using my car has their show car at SEMA this November. When I take the car back mid October for the brakes, hood, wheels and tires they are swapping out the head unit and plumbing for all polished pieces.

Showa

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW Nice any one want my car for tunning it's goin in storage at the end of the month for 6 months of Winter :(

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Great set up . Happy motoring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts