Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Resonator comes right off. Then just fill the holes with Brass Freeze Plugs, and re clamp. DONE!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am asking and it may sound dumb but here it goes.
What are the resonators and what do they do? Is the benefit of removing them purely for sound or is there a performance improvement?

·
Registered
309 Posts
OK thanks for the feedback. I actually have the answer to your question which is part # M399A. The only reason I know this is because I actually had to buy M-9603-M463. The original CAI was removed by the original owner and I did not get it when I bought the car. What I did get was a modified GT airbox that worked with a Ram Air system from Cervinis.
I see and understand now why you wanted the other J Tube. I will be switching mine out tomorrow morning.
Damn I can't believe I never noticed those two huge TUMORS hanging from the tube!
One more thing. On the new part the rubber actually feels softer on the area where they would cut out the holes for the TUMORS (see last photo).
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

·
Registered
2019 DHG - K4426
123 Posts
betoesca said:
OK thanks for the feedback. I actually have the answer to your question which is part # M399A. The only reason I know this is because I actually had to buy M-9603-M463. The original CAI was removed by the original owner and I did not get it when I bought the car. What I did get was a modified GT airbox that worked with a Ram Air system from Cervinis.
I see and understand now why you wanted the other J Tube. I will be switching mine out tomorrow morning.
Damn I can't believe I never noticed those two huge TUMORS hanging from the tube!
One more thing. On the new part the rubber actually feels softer on the area where they would cut out the holes for the TUMORS (see last photo).
Thanks for all the feedback guys.QUOTE]

Might ask how much the J tube cost?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.